Two state RF door sensors

Hi,

Does anyone have a link or location I can find some two state RF EV1527 door sensors?

It seems that searching on Amazon is as useless as always and even EBay is being problematic. I can find dozens of Wifi switches and single state switches but I need one that tells me if the door is closed, not when it opens. I figure a lot of these sensors I’m seeing are possibly two state but the blurb is all around sending a door open signal to an alarm.

I know these exist and have seen people’s YouTube videos but they were either without links or the links where dead.

Thanks,
Paul

Hello,

This google sheet should help you:

At this time the best choice is either the GS-WDS07 or the NEW DIGOO.

By EV1527 what is your requirement behind?

I believe that is the protocol for these standard code sending devices, I thought it would help determine what I meant. Not even sure I used it correctly.

EV1527 is more an encoder chip rather than a protocol.
Different protocols can be used with EV1527.

What kind of receiver are you going to use?

SOnOff RF bridge. (Didn’t realise that was the encoder chip).

The GS-WDS07 is a 433Mhz door/window sensor.
It has open/close both - so you know the state.
It also has a tamper switch, but typically the physical switch is not there… but the contacts for it.

I have these and can confirm 100% they signal both open and closed.
There are other models out there too - these are the cheapest / smallest I could find and so far work very well for me.

• DeadEnd

I was looking to find a UK supplier or Amazon prime, but it looks like that isn’t happening.

Aww well, slow boat from China is fine :slight_smile:

Thanks Guys.

Gs-wds07 is compatible with sonoff rf bridge as stated above.

Ordered two from the Bangood UK warehouse. I imagine they will arrive next week.

Thanks again.

Another option is the KERUI D026 RF Door/Window Sensor.

They support Open, Close, Tamper and Battery low.

But they don’t do IR, not sure why you would want IR though?

I use them with the Sonoff Bridge.

Sorry, my bad. I was going to combine this with my other post about IR control and forgot to update the subject when I split them. Fixed now.

I recommend you follow @123 method of Strategy 2: Demultiplexer for RF Codes Sonoff RF Bridge. Strategies for receiving data

Thay way it’s saves on having a tone of repeated code and allow’s you to retain the sensor states in MQTT, saves using input_boolean’s like I first started off with.

I actually am using a cheap RTL SDR USB received (<$10). This coupled with RTL_433 in a docker container (I forked it and created my first Docker image this way - yay for me).

With this I have a docker container on my server that receives the 433Mhz signal and publishes it to MQTT messages. I have been very happy with this setup, and it allows each device to have a unique topic that is based on the device class, channel, etc.

So far the only thing I have found that could be an issue is that some devices (Digoo TH sensor for example) change device ID when the batteries are changed. I have gotten around this by using a wildcard for the device ID, but that means only the channel selection makes then unique… luckily I only have three, and they support 3 channels… but if I ever want more, I’ll have to figure something else out.

Irrelevant story maybe, but interesting to some I hope :slight_smile:

cheers!
DeadEnd

1 Like

I use these too, its crazy that they seem to be more reliable than my zigbee open/close sensors. I use 2 of them to trigger closet lights when the door to the closet opens. I also have every window in the house covered with these.

I will say the only downside is that my windows make it extremely easy to knock the back off and the sensor falls to the ground.