Two Z-wave sticks in one HA instance

You need to install and configure the Z-Wave JS UI add-on and configure the address as you quoted.

Z-Wave JS UI add-on installed. Trying to follow the documentation for the config which is different from what it actually looks like but I need two things to start with; the Serial Port and the Network key.
Is there a trick to find this somewhere?

Thank you all for your help.

Settings → System → Hardware → ... (I think) for the list of hardware devices. Use the /dev/serial/by-id path.

You can just generate new keys by clicking on the icons next to them.

Thank you so much!
This is what I found, could you help me pointing out the port? I was thinking perhaps one of these; ID_SERIAL: Silicon_Labs_Zooz_ZST10_700_Z-Wave_Stick_0001
ID_SERIAL_SHORT: ‘0001’

Also, I cannot find the icons to regenerate network keys. Could you please elaborate for me?

Blockquote
ttyUSB0/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_Zooz_ZST10_700_Z-Wave_Stick_0001-if00-port0
Subsystem:tty
Device path:/dev/ttyUSB0
ID:/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_Zooz_ZST10_700_Z-Wave_Stick_0001-if00-port0
Attributes:
DEVLINKS: >-
/dev/serial/by-id/usb-Silicon_Labs_Zooz_ZST10_700_Z-Wave_Stick_0001-if00-port0
/dev/serial/by-path/platform-fd500000.pcie-pci-0000:01:00.0-usb-0:1.1.1:1.0-port0
DEVNAME: /dev/ttyUSB0
DEVPATH: >-
/devices/platform/scb/fd500000.pcie/pci0000:00/0000:00:00.0/0000:01:00.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.1/1-1.1.1/1-1.1.1:1.0/ttyUSB0/tty/ttyUSB0
ID_BUS: usb
ID_MODEL: Zooz_ZST10_700_Z-Wave_Stick
ID_MODEL_ENC: Zooz_ZST10_700_Z-Wave_Stick
ID_MODEL_ID: ea60
ID_PATH: platform-fd500000.pcie-pci-0000:01:00.0-usb-0:1.1.1:1.0
ID_PATH_TAG: platform-fd500000_pcie-pci-0000_01_00_0-usb-0_1_1_1_1_0
ID_REVISION: ‘0100’
ID_SERIAL: Silicon_Labs_Zooz_ZST10_700_Z-Wave_Stick_0001
ID_SERIAL_SHORT: ‘0001’
ID_TYPE: generic
ID_USB_DRIVER: cp210x
ID_USB_INTERFACES: ‘:ff0000:’
ID_USB_INTERFACE_NUM: ‘00’
ID_VENDOR: Silicon_Labs
ID_VENDOR_ENC: Silicon\x20Labs
ID_VENDOR_ID: 10c4
MAJOR: ‘188’
MINOR: ‘0’
SUBSYSTEM: tty
TAGS: ‘:systemd:’
USEC_INITIALIZED: ‘155382970270’

Blockquote

I think I have managed to do the above in Z-Wave JS UI.

My question is where to from here? Should I not be seeing the new Zooz Z-Wave stick somewhere?
I can’t see it under Settings / Devices and Services.

I’d suggest reading the add-on docs, which have those instructions. Or the HA docs that I’ve already posted, including https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zwave_js/#installing-and-configuring-the-z-wave-integration-in-home-assistant.

Thanks, will do. I realise that I need to read up on something like Z-wave for dummies or something.
The documentation talks about ‘Once you have the Z-Wave JS server up and running, you need to install and configure the integration in Home Assistant’.
I assume that I have a Z-Wave JS server already since I have the Aeotec Z-wave stick running already but I need to understand the architecture better as right now, the terminology is confusing. For instance, is a Z-wave controller the same as a Z-Wave JS server? It is not clear in the documentation.

The other thing I need to understand is if I should see the Aeotec Z-wave stick in Z-Wave JS UI. I have not configured it there yet.
I may need to come back here and ask more questions if I get stuck. I hope that is OK.

Thanks for all the help so far.

Controller = hardware usb stick
Server = software/zwavejs

@ [freshcoast]

How do you get 2 zwave-js installations?
When I try I get ‘alredy installed’

You need two controllers.

Does that mean that when I connect a second controller I can install easily 2 zwave-js installations? No specific settings needed?
I’ll try tomorrow…

Yes, you need two installations of Z-Wave JS. The second integration server URL should point to the second instance of Z-Wave JS. The “already installed” message means you configured the second instance with the URL of the already configured one.

In HAOS you cannot run the same add-on twice, so you would need to install both add-ons, official and ZUI.

Thank you. That is the sort of plain English language that helps dummies like me. I have not seen it written like that in the documentation but I wish it was. Sometimes the documentation is written assuming that only experts will need to understand it.

From your response, I now understand that I DO have a Z-wave JS server installed with the URL of ws://core-zwave-js:3000.
I have also installed Z-Wave JS UI and it looks like this. I have also managed to pair (include?) a Z-wave sensor to that controller.
BUT, I cannot see either the controller nor the sensor under devices and entities in HA.

If I need to install a second Z-Wave JS server, how do I know what the URL should be? Apologies, I cannot for the life of me find that in any documentation. It defaults to ws://localhost:3000 but I assume that is incorrect for a second server.

Please point me in the right direction, I have read and read and still none the wiser.

Yes, this is the official add-on. Stick A is being controlled here with one instance of Z-Wave JS, and this add-on provides a Z-Wave JS server. It’s already integrated with HA.

Stick B here is controlled by the second instance of Z-Wave JS, and the ZUI add-on also provides its own Z-Wave JS server. Now you need to integrate it with HA (hence “integration”), it’s not automatic.

If I need to install a second Z-Wave JS server, how do I know what the URL should be?

You already installed the second Z-Wave JS server, it’s provided by the ZUI add-on. The ZUI Add-on docs here, which are also accessible from the add-on page itself, give you step-by-step instructions on how to setup the integration, along with the required server URL.

The HA docs that I also previously linked, and which you literally quoted, have the same instructions and provide the explicit server URL to use with the ZUI add-on:

Community Guide

Straight from these forums:

Integration Architecture

Integration documentation: Z-Wave JS Architecture

Z-Wave JS UI Docs

ZUI Docs: Home Assistant Using the Official Integration

1 Like

Fantastic, done!
I apologise; I though that the ws://a0d7b954-zwavejs2mqtt:3000 URL was an example.
All good now, thank you again.

1 Like

I just saw something in the document that sounds concerning;

Can I switch between the Official Z-Wave JS add-on and the Z-Wave JS UI add-on?

You can, but you cannot run them both at the same time. Only one of them can be active at the same time.

I seem to have both running at the same time and they look like they are both working. Or am I missing something again?

That is referring to using two add-ons with the same controller, since they compete for access over a single serial port (hence the “switch between add-ons”). It is not a problem to run them with two different controllers.

Makes sense, thanks.

just buy a hubitat hub, use it for thr 2nd z wave network, it will adjust the frequency automatically based in your location.