UI Slow down

I’m noticing the UI is slowing down when left open in an Android browser for a few hours. Restarting the browser temporarily fixes it.

DB is in mysql, but since a restart of the browser fixes it, I don’t think that’s a factor regardless.

Anyone have a good way to debug this? Or ideas what it could be?

i have the same problem if i leave it open on chrome on my laptop for hours.

Oh good, so I’m not alone. Curious if anyone has narrowed this down. It makes my tablet pretty useless if I have to restart the browser so often.

So far I’ve tried disabling various components, that has made no difference. I’ve also tried blowing away the mysql (in my case) backend on the idea that maybe it’s related to the history queries.

No difference.

One thing interesting I observed today is history pretty much stopped around 1:30pm until I restarted around 8… not entirely sure this is related or not:
49 AM

Hoping some others here are experiencing this and want to combine efforts to debug this. I’ll keep updating this thread with my findings (or lack thereof).

Having the same problem with firefox.

Interesting. Wonder what we can do to further debug?

I’m unsure if it’s worth trying to find components we’re all using, or if it’s something in frontend land, and completely unrelated.

To keep this up to date with the frontend issue ticket I have open:

After several hours of debugging, I’ve been able to reduce that it has something to do with the group component. It’s the only thing that when disabled seems to bring back normal performance with no degradation over time.

There’s not to much in mine to be honest. Several views, and I guess a fair number of entities at this point, but I don’t think that should be terribly impactful.

If anyone is able to debug this further, let me know.

Experiencing the same here after setting up Groups.

@Coolie1101 if you’re able to contribute any findings add them to this ticket:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/711

FYI: As per @raccettura request, my issue seems to be unrelated to “GROUPS”

I had configured a “HISTORY GRAPH” for four sensors which seem to be the cause of the front end slow down/halt. everything seems to be fine as of now after removing the graph, groups are still configured, front end, and card pop-ups respond instantaneously for now.