UK Alarms for HA - Recomentations?

Personally I opted to build my own using the alarm panel integration… I use a mixture of zwave pir sensors and mostly xiomi door/window sensors. I also use the home assistant addon “frigate”… frigate uses my cameras to detect for instance when there is a “person” in my back yard and that updates a binary_sensor that mimics a motion sensor thus can trigger my alarm… smarts

Sure I know someone could bring a jammer that can perhaps jam zigbee and zwave but frankly I figured if someone wants to break in and has that kind of kit then I’ve got bigger problems… besides my hard wired cameras would still work and they can recognize people remember.

I’ve got wireless sirens and also control over every single light in the house! so makes for quite the show when its triggered… just be sure to make sure it only triggers for about 5 mins as I think there’s a law about how long an alarm can sound in the UK

Anyway the advantage of this setup I’ve found is you can exactly tailor it to your needs… for instance my alarm system arms itself automatically using the home/away sensor linked to my phone

Yes you can

Sat in the car… I just said… BOOOOOOOM. Thank you

How does your setup deal with power outages?

I have a large UPS on my server so home assistant keeps running… all my sensors and sirens are wireless so they still keep running… interesting question though and now you’ve got me wondering if I should buy a couple of modest UPS to at least power the front and rear flood lights during a powercut

1 Like

I’m all setup, just waiting for the smartcom to arrive, the comip has. What is the reason you need both please?

My config with Node-RED has a dedicated tcp socket connection to ComIP. Smartcom can be used either for the native app, but mainly to connect Wintex for programming.

1 Like

Ah that makes perfect sense. Thanks.

Has anyone used a scantronic i-on alarm and integrated it into HA?