UK light switches, i don't know what i am looking for

Just to be clear, LightwaveRF definitely doesn’t require neutral.

The Energenie MIH024 also does not require a neutral. You can’t dim bulbs, it’s purely a switch but you really want to use dimmable LED bulbs, otherwise you may find the bulbs flicker/pulse when off.

These are readily available from Amazon UK (£18.99 at the moment) and have seen them in Screwfix.

I did have one that buzzed and smelled of burning which I sent back to Amazon and reported it directly to Energenie as well, which was replaced. This obviously knocked my confidence in them a bit.

The biggest 2 problems with the Energenie is it does not report its status (off/on) to Home Assistant and there can sometimes be a delay when turning off or on with Home Assistant.

While these work I am still searching for the perfect solution for UK lighting with NO neutral.

1 Like

Any recommended tasmota-flashable UK wall switches similar to Sonoff T1 UK with some tactile feedback?

I already have various Sonoff T1 UK installed, not 100% reliable to be quite honest and the lack of “tactile” feedback on switching them off is unnatural.

did you find anything please? not a fan of the sonoff touch and I am doing out my garage, so I will have a neutral :slight_smile:

1 Like

what about aqara switch zigbee version ? about £25. It doesnt require neutral.

Friends greetings. I want to install Sonoff Minis into my UK lights and I believe I have a neutral and the necessary space.

Can anyone confirm for me and point me at the helpful resources for this operation?

Many thanks!