Unable to do a complete restore after System unhealty

Hello guys!

Today i got the error system unhealthy out of nowhere, so i decided to do a complete wipe and restore with my home assistant, but i can’t!

Only the config folder gets restored, addons and other folder won’t get restored.

With the media folder for example i get the following error:

22-03-10 19:07:07 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore folder media: _restore() takes 0 positional arguments but 1 was given

and when i try to restore an addon this error:

22-03-10 18:22:15 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Restore config for addon core_duckdns
22-03-10 18:22:15 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] Unhandled exception: 'core_duckdns'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/jobs/decorator.py", line 106, in wrapper
    return await self._method(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/__init__.py", line 367, in restore
    await addon.restore(tar_file)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/addon.py", line 832, in restore
    restore_image = self._image(data[ATTR_SYSTEM])
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/model.py", line 629, in _image
    return config[ATTR_IMAGE].format(arch=self.arch)
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/model.py", line 509, in arch
    if ATTR_IMAGE in self.data:
  File "/usr/src/supervisor/supervisor/addons/addon.py", line 157, in data
    return self.sys_addons.data.system[self.slug]
KeyError: 'core_duckdns'
22-03-10 18:22:15 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.backups.backup] Can't restore Add-on core_duckdns

And i don’t know why, i’m doing backups every day, did a restore multiple times without problems, but out of nowhere i got this strange system unhealthy error and now i just can’t do a restore.

I’m also getting this error:
Screenshot 2022-03-10 191328
I know why, because the MariaDB addon is not there, but as i said i can’t restore it.

Does anyone has a solution for me? :frowning:

Greetings

Hi.

I´ve also restored many times before and it always worked.

Now I´m in the same situation that you are in.

Homeassistant restores but none of my addons is restored.

Did you see this thread?

Same thing here. Had to reinstall a fresh new HAOS and cannot import backups anymore. Tried with HAOS 7.1/7.2/7.3/7.4 - no luck - it seems like HAOS updates automatically. I can rollback to a previous core, but can’t rollback supervisor, therefore is impossibile to recover from a backup.

Tried exactly the same thing, supervisor rollback does not work, maybe need to block internet access for a Home Assistant VM, install 7.2, restore data and extract.

BUT! I found a solution on how to restore the addons, if you install the addon first from the addon store, then you are able to restore it, with a partial restore.

Config seems to be there this way, Zigbee2Mqtt devices not, because these files are in /shared, which i can‘t restore right now, lol.

If it works for MariaDB to, i don‘t know, luckily i did a mysqldump yesterday in the morning, because i wanted to switch the database to my nas, because the pi was too slow, at least this is not a problem anymore.

1 Like

I´ve also wiped my System due to “untrusted Code” as suggestet. Fully bricked my System without need.
After some hours i finished the Onboarding-Procedure.
Full Restore was not possible and the Addons was missing .The only way was installing the missing Addons that used before manually from the Store an restore the Addons after installation.

Now the System is running.

Yeah Maria worked with that procedure.
Nginx Proxy Manager needed a fully new config. A Restore results in failures.

I found some kind of a solution on how to restore the system:

1. Use some kind of hypervisor (I used Proxmox)
    1a. You can use this script: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Kanga-Who/home-assistant/master/hassos_install.sh, you just need to change the URL to this https://github.com/home-assistant/operating-system/releases/download/7.2/haos_ova-7.2.qcow2.xz
  2. Create a VM containing Home Assistant OS with an older Version (like 7.2, because there the supervisor version is also an older one)
  3. Before you start the VM remove the network adapter in the hypervisor!
  4. Start the VM and open the Console (like the Webconsole in Proxmox for your HA VM)
  5. Now you have to configure a static IP with network update, but with a wrong gateway, so that the VM cannot access the internet, because the supervisor would update himself to the latest version!
  6. My command looked like this: network update enp0s18 --ipv4-address 192.168.188.210 --ipv4-gateway 192.168.188.3 --ipv4-nameserver 192.168.188.26 --ipv4-method static
  7. Gateway and Nameserver are wrong, but the IP address is in my network space, so i can access the webinterface at http://192.168.188.210:8123
  8. Now you have to enable the network adapter in your hypervisor, in bridge mode.
  9. Access your home assistant instance, upload your backup through the webinterface and do a complete restore
  10. After that you can access through samba and get your folder content, like i needed, or change the IP configuration to automatic (or something that can access the internet), update the shit out of it, make a new snapshot, download it and upload the snapshot to your normal home assistant instance and do a restore there again.

Hope this helped someone :slight_smile: