Unable to get Shelly Plus H&T sensor to send Temperature & Humidity info to Home Assistant

Hello all,
I started with HA recently and integrated only a few things to start experimenting automations. Bought 2 Tapo plugs, 2 Shelly mini G3 relays and 1 Shelly Plus H&T, and you guessed - the one I’m having trouble with is the H&T sensor.
Configuration: HA installed on a VM running in Windows10 - HA OS version 12.2, HA core 2024.4.3.
Although I know little or nothing about code, with input from the community I was able to make HA available from outside my LAN, after adding HACS, DuckDNS, DNSmasq, Advanced SSH & Web Terminal, etc.
I was actually able to get H&T info in HA initially, but after the changes that I made with duckdns and dnsmask, I lost that, now the Shelly integration shows no devices or entities in HA.
I’ve spent many days reading comments and suggestions about this problem from people with the same difficulties, and tried many fixes like adding an S in the websocket server configuration: wss://192.168.xxx.xxx:8123/api/shelly/ws, with no success.
I also tried changing this user setting:

(although I’m not sure what it should be)
Also installed MQTT and mosquitto broker and played with their configurations, as well as the MQTT settings, RPC over UDP, etc, trying to guess what could make things right…but still no clue.
The sensor is okay, it send info to the Shelly app in my smartphone, and HA actually discovers it, but after clicking Configure and it responds with “success”, it shows “no devices or entities”…so I cannot use its info for automations.
Please help, tell me what kind of debug files or other stuff that I can provide for you to help me.
Thank you!

Use your FQDN in the websocket setting (instead of 192…) and then reboot your whole system.

Good luck.

Thank you David, I’ve tried that before, but I just retried again now, rebooted the device and HA also, just in case…still showing no devices or entities…what would you suggest as the Connection Type settings in the Websocket configuration? User TLS, Default TLS or TLN no validation? I think I’ve tried everyone of the 3 options, but…

Use default TLS.

Also I note in your screen shot you have an error in your address, you have a double slash after your port number.

Thank you again, David. I appreciate your help and followed you guidance. I erased one of the slashes and changed to Default TLS…rebooted the sensor and HA too…unfortunately, still no devices or entities.

Just double checking that you have the full link

:8123/api/shelly/ws

I did check David, it’s complete…thanks again. The mystery still remains.
Perhaps it’s some error in my HA configuration? (created by my lack of knowledge, obviously)
Or could it be some bad configuration of my Shelly H&T Plus MQTT settings?
In the server address I tried both the local HA IP and its FQDN:

There are also TLS settings that I did not try (Shelly H&T Plus settings):

Hello, anyone else wants to help me with this problem? thank you all!

Did you install a MQTT broker ? And the MQTT integration ?
You will still need to provide an Username and Password for your MQTT broker

and run the Shellies discovery script

First of all, you are confusing two ways of integrating a device here. Core Shelly integration does not use MQTT. For core integration, the outbound websocket must be properly configured.

Thank you Maciek,
I don’t know what else to to in what concerns the configuration of the outbound web socket, I’ve tried to follow different advices from this community, with no success.
If you have any advice on how to configure the Websocket correctly, please help.
Thank you again.
Luis

Thank you Francis, yes, I added the MQTT integration and the Mosquitto broker, but I don’t think I have created user/password for that. I’ll try to see how to do that and how to follow your other advices, such as using the Shellies Discovery Script:
I’m not sure if I have the knowledge to do that, tough…

Hello guys,
I’m still looking for a solution to this problem, if someone has any other clues, please help…