Unable to import a tasmotized Sonoff into Home Assistant via ESPHome

That is not from esphome. What error does esphome give when you upload to esphome.

ESPHome was installed in 2/21 and used to successfully migrate two Tasmotized devices. One was Sonoff Basic and the other was a Geeni multi power strip. HA was claimed to be able to migrate ESPHome and Tasmotized devices, so Home assistant was installed 4/4/21. I am trying to migrate both of the ESPHome devices into HA. I have additional Tasmotized devices I want to migrate to HA once I can resolve the current issue. I am also seeing recent claims that HA can migrate Sonoff devices directly.
Thanks for your continued support.

Ok so you already have esphome flashed onto the sonoff and now you want it to show up in HA?

In the HA GUI go to configuration/integrations and press the + button. Choose esphome and fill in the dialog box. Boom, that is all there is to it.

The error message you keep posting has nothing to do with esphome or tasmota

I think i found what the custom component is…

This sonoff is for non-tasmotized sonoff devices, and as Nickrout said, has nothing to do with ESPhome nor Tasmota… and if all your sonoff devices are tasmotized, why would you need this custom addon (maybe a remainder of some old try-out)???
It is used when sonoff devices which are NOT tasmotized… :thinking:

The error

sonoff - Integration ‘sonoff’ not found.

is because there is still a remainder in your configuration, but can be ignored, it for sure won’t (and never has) interfere with your esphome devices…t
The error tells you that the custom_component won’t load and cannot be used. However, you should clean up your configuration to get rid of the error :wink:

2 Likes

I am a bit confused. I believe I had already integrated ESPHome before I tried to migrate the tasmotized sonoff. Here is a screen shot showing ESPHome in the list under HA on the home page. I thought HA would automatically scan for the devices, but they do not show up on the device list.

ESPHome does show in the device list and it shows three disabled entities as seen here:

That looks pretty ok, i also have disabled devices, mainly about versions etc…

What about integrations ??
(configuration/ integrations / esphome)

Also, in esphome it shows red, meaning the current version has not been compiled/flashed yet…it should turn green:

(in case you wonder; i am showing the same screens as you did but from iphone app, not webbrowser)

@klrock what I think you don’t quite get is that there are two separate things involved here.

Esphome is a program to flash an esp device. That is your first photo. You can run it on any computer, either standalone or as an addon to HA. Your screenshot shows you running it as an addon.

Once you have created and flashed your esp you usually add it to HA. You don’t have to, but usually you want the esp and HA to work together.

The esphome device is usually detected automatically, but that can take some time so you can do it from the HA ui as I described.

The red line in the esphome interface (your first screenie) means esphome (NOT HA) cannot see the device on the network. That may be because the device hasn’t been flashed yet (as @aceindy says) but it usually denotes a failure of mDNS.

which is one of the reasons i specified:

domain:  aceindy.my

in my esphome yaml :thinking:

as some devices did not respond to mDNS .local

Another option is to go for a static IP…WiFi Component — ESPHome

1 Like