Unable to link Home assistant skill to alexa

It has working before, so I was troubleshooting another error and I un-link the skill and try to link it again. Now I get this error
We were unable to link Home Assistant at this time.

For instructions and assistance with configuring your skill for account linking with OAuth, please see this guide.

I have TOTP enabled (MFA) in Home assistant login.

I am publishing the website in 443 port, anyway as I said it was working before and all I did was to un link the skill.

Any idea how to fix it?

Do you have home assistant cloud enabled?

I use Home assistant like it’s explained here

imagen

There’s an infinite number of ways to screw up that linking. What did you change?

Ok I found the solution

I was forcing TLS 1.3 in my nginx config and it looks like it requires tls 1.2
So–> “ssl_protocols TLSv1.2 TLSv1.3;”

Anyway before I was using cloudflare as a proxy so there I had 1.2 enable as a minimum now I am publishing directly so that changed.

@petro you made me thing about nginx due to this xD After upgrade to 0.117, Alexa Integration No longer works - #5 by petro
thanks

1 Like

I had similar issue recently, I believe like Alexa became part of Cloudflare’s bot list and was being blocked by the WAF rule I had to block bots…

2 Likes

thanks mate, you saved me a lot of time. I kept getting the “TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION” error when trying to set it up and it was because of my cloudflare proxy being set as tls 1.3 minimum as well.

Turning off the bot fight mode on cloudflare fixed it for me. The WAF rules to skip also only work for $uper bot fight mode and not regular bot fight mode :frowning:. Thanks for the info.

1 Like