Unable to link Home Assistant to Google Assistant

Hello all, I am having this exact same issue. 2 clean installs and no avail, did anyone manage to get it working?

I am using DuckDNS to expose my Hassio installation on my Pi4. I have tripple checked all links ect, same as above I can see th API requests coming through, can’t see any sort of specific error message though.

Any help is greatly appreciated - hate being this close to something working but being so, so far.

Thanks

Same issue here. After clicking on my test app in the Google Home app, I’m taken back to the linked services screen with my test app still under the “Add New” list.
I’m on 0.105.1

edit: got it working. I was using a self signed certificate. Switched to a real cert sing LetsEncrypt and it connected right away.

2 Likes

Same thing here. 0.105.3.
Try to link, sign in, says “Linking account”, get a message saying linking successful, pauses for a few seconds at the rooms screen, then goes back to the start and doesn’t show in linked accounts.

I have the same issue. Try to link, sign in, and after that, it goes back to the start.
I was using Google Home Mini for a month or so. I have created a new project and nothing.

Some help?

Having the same issue as Chris. Updating to 0.106.4 didn’t help either.

Bumping the topic :slight_smile: Hoping for a fix!

I’m in the same boat. I even tried downgrading to 0.100 with the hopes of performing the actual linking with the API key method and upgrading to the latest version with service account but still couldn’t get past the linking problem.

Annotation 2020-03-10 053744

I was having the same problem with the apparently successful login exiting to the add devices screen in Google Home. I clicked around on the Google Cloud Console, but I couldn’t see any activity on the service account, API or anything. Next, I decided to go through all the steps to create a google action. I quickly realized that the box that step 8 specifically said not to check was checked. I unchecked it and everything linked up. Oops.

Wat HA version are you on?
Also, what did you specify for [home_assistant_url:port]?
I’m using duckdns together with NGINX to reach my home assistant from outside…
It used to work with mydomain.duckdns.org:443/auth … but now I’m doubting myself that the combination of duckdns / nginx might be the issue to link the google assistant

under HA_URL/developer-tools/logs/ i see Request for https://homegraph.googleapis.com/v1/devices:reportStateAndNotification failed: 400
popping up whenever I try to add my HA device to the google home app… Maybe you guys can check if it’s the same error
FYI: went from code 400 to 403 by correcting my service account. I had it set up for a different (old, not working) project… so I switched to the right project on the google cloud console, made a Service Account Token generator, and made ‘progress’ to the next error

the current version of the home assistant does not accept “API_KEY” in configuration.yaml.
How to do not putting “API_KEY” in configuration.yaml?

This was my problem as well. I had a self-signed cert and nothing worked. Get a real cert through letsencrypt and Google Assistant can see devices now.

1 Like

Hi! I did read and test all posts and suggested solutions here: nothing seems to work for me. This is my setup in configuration.yaml:

I can see a difference on how to set up Actions on Google console:

But on the image you see below on the same page you can find this:

Google Assistant - Home Assistant 2020-03-28 16-46-22

Anyway, I tested both with no luck. After I push on the “[test] hassio” button, I can enter user/pass, but I get redirected to the services linking page and I still see “[test] hassio” as unlinked :frowning:

Any ideas? Thanks!

1 Like

Sadly for me the same happens for weeks if not months.

Perfectly authenticated from HA login but after immediately b there is an EUR message as could not connect and bring me back from the Assistant additional service list screen without connected HA :frowning:

Ik had the exact same issue. I use duckdns with letsencryot, adguard (with DNS rewrite) and ran into the same issues. deleted my HA-app shortcut, no luck.

what I did to solve this problem was simple, i deleted the :8123 port in all the links as written in the instruction. this worked for me.

Maybe someone can tell me if this is the right thing to do? because it was the last option to test but I do not know if this is still save/future proof etc.

It’s absolutely depends on your configuration. As my config use a custom port I definitely need to tell on what port should be call my HA. Anyway I always wanted to try the config on default port, or just for a test case on default web 80, just has no time for it yet.

But if only the port 80 would be work I will not so happy for it:(

Port 80 will not work… it MUST be https and that will NOT be port 80…

This is exactly where I am at with it. I been through all the new setup on the HA instructions page

I had been happily using google assistant with home assistant for at least a year :grinning:until I did upgrade from 0.104 to 0.107 and the API method got binned :unamused:.

Screenshot_7

Error message after returns from HA sign in screen.

1 Like

@DavidFW1960 Sorry it’s absolutely true… I wanted to say default 443…

It looks like many of us are stuck here. I even try to set up a completely new service account and new app, but nothing works.

Yes, port is 443 coz that is SSL port. Port 80 is http port.

If anyone has double NAT eg modem and then seperate router which has dhcp on you need to forward 443 on the modem to the IP address of the dhcp router and the on the router you forward 443 on the dhcp router to HA IP.

I unlinked and relinked a couple of days ago so it is definitely still working.

Here is my config:

# Google Assistant
project_id: !secret ga_project
service_account: !include name of service account.json
report_state: true
expose_by_default: false
entity_config:
  light.lounge:
    room: lounge room
    expose: true

Etc listing all entities.

(I use a google_assistant.yaml that if referenced in configuration.yaml as:

google_assistant: !include google_assistant.yaml

Then in the Google console:
Client Id

https://oauth-redirect.googleusercontent.com/

Note the / on the end
Authorization URL

https://your_domain_name:xxxxx/auth/authorize

The xxxxx is the port I use for home assistant as I don’t use port 80 or 8123 or 443. This port is forwarded to HA in my router.
Token URL

https://your_domain_name:xxxxx/auth/token

This seems to work and many of the issues I have seen are people not having those URLs EXACTLY right. You MUST be using SSL. Duckdns works fine. I also use this through a reverse proxy and use a non-standard port. It works.