Unable to update HACS nor HACS integrations

Hi, I am unable to update HACS nor HACS integrations. It shows me that I have some to update:
obraz

When I select one to update, I got this in logs:

2022-05-19 22:30:12 INFO (MainThread) [backoff] Backing off async_download_file(...) for 0.3s (TypeError: timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument 'loop')
2022-05-19 22:30:12 INFO (MainThread) [backoff] Backing off async_download_file(...) for 2.6s (TypeError: timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument 'loop')
2022-05-19 22:30:15 INFO (MainThread) [backoff] Backing off async_download_file(...) for 4.3s (TypeError: timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument 'loop')
2022-05-19 22:30:19 ERROR (MainThread) [backoff] Giving up async_download_file(...) after 5 tries (TypeError: timeout() got an unexpected keyword argument 'loop')
2022-05-19 22:30:19 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] Download was not completed

then I have bar saying that I need to reboot for the update to be effective:

obraz

When I reboot, nothing changes. I have tried removing HACS and reinstalling it again, didn’t work. Any ideas?

5 Likes

What version of HA are you running? What are you running it on? Docker? VM? PI? So many questions :smiley:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/how-to-help-us-help-you-or-how-to-ask-a-good-question/114371/4

1 Like
Version 	core-2022.5.5
Installation Type 	Home Assistant OS
Development 	false
Supervisor 	true
Docker 	true
User 	root
Virtual Environment 	false
Python Version 	3.9.9
Operating System Family 	Linux
Operating System Version 	5.15.32-v8
CPU Architecture 	aarch64
Timezone 	Europe/Warsaw
Home Assistant Community Store
GitHub API 	ok
Github API Calls Remaining 	4614
Installed Version 	1.13.2
Stage 	running
Available Repositories 	1124
Installed Repositories 	6
Home Assistant Cloud
Logged In 	false
Reach Certificate Server 	ok
Reach Authentication Server 	ok
Reach Home Assistant Cloud 	ok
Home Assistant Supervisor
Host Operating System 	Home Assistant OS 8.0
Update Channel 	stable
Supervisor Version 	supervisor-2022.05.2
Docker Version 	20.10.14
Disk Total 	57.8 GB
Disk Used 	11.4 GB
Healthy 	true
Supported 	true
Board 	rpi4-64
Supervisor API 	ok
Version API 	ok
Installed Add-ons 	Studio Code Server (5.0.4), Log Viewer (0.13.0), File editor (5.3.3), Terminal & SSH (9.4.0), MariaDB (2.4.0), JupyterLab (0.7.0), phpMyAdmin (0.7.1), AppDaemon (0.8.2), Node-RED (11.1.2)
Dashboards
Dashboards 	2
Resources 	4
Views 	3
Mode 	storage
1 Like

I had the same error after upgrading to 2022.5.*, I had to run the following command line (in an SSH add-on if you’re on HAOS) to reinstall HACS with the last version. I was able to recover and update everything after that.

wget -O - https://get.hacs.xyz | bash -
44 Likes

@duvalale unbelievable mate, that worked! I’ve managed to update HACS, and then all the rest of integrations. And I was afraid I would have to reinstall whole HA :slight_smile: you saved my evening :slight_smile: Cheers!

3 Likes

Worked for me too, thank you!

1 Like

And me, much appreciated!

1 Like

Greaaaaaat !!! Thanks !

1 Like

Yess! this helps, thanks!!!

1 Like

Worked for me too, thank you!

1 Like

Thank you - worked for me too

1 Like

Worked for me too, Thank you!!!

1 Like

Where do you go/What do you run to get that comprehensive list of components and versions?

1 Like

you sir, you are the man!

1 Like

Thank you very much, that solved my problem that HACS did not react at all when I clicked its “Update” button.

1 Like

Thanks - this worked for me as well!!

1 Like

that’s the thing…thanks!

1 Like

any advice?

I’m getting
"No RepositoryFile.MAINIFEST_JSON file found ‘custom_components/hacs/RepositoryFile MAINIEST_JSON’

Worked for me to update from 2.3.1 to 3.2.1. Thanks alot!

1 Like