Unable to update to HA Supervisor 2022.01.1

Hi everybody:

I noticed on my HA that there was an update for Supervisor from 2021.12.2 to 2022.01.1

Tried to run the update, but it was not possible. And got this message:

ha-error-updater

Went to under Configuration / System, found this:

ha-system-error

Clicked on that exclamation mark:

ha-error

Decided to check logs and found the next info:

Then returned to the exclamation mark link Supervisor was not able to update and follow the suggested procedure there, but it didn’t help:

Even tried to see if it was possible to select version (hoped it would work as something similar is used for core ):

Don’t know what else to look for in order to fix this. My HA was installed using HAOS procedure.

Has anyone seem similar issues? Any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Your networking or name resolution is (temporary) f*cked. If you would have posted text instead of images, I would have quoted the line

“Get” “https://ghcr.io/v2”: dial tcp: lookup ghcr.io: no such host"

Sorry for the images… Seem that my DNS is f*cked up. Just recently did some changes on my network… Tried this solution: How to change DNS setting in Hassio - #3 by tom_l

➜  ~ ha dns info                          
host: 172.30.32.3
locals:
- dns://192.168.178.100
servers:
- dns://1.1.1.1
update_available: false
version: 2021.06.0
version_latest: 2021.06.0

But no success… I guess i need to reinstall the whole thing?? :sob:

Well, revert them …

Guessing from the IP range, you are using a FritzBox router/modem. Unless you changed the box’s IP address, your DNS IP address is 192.168.178.1

That is kind of a bad advice, but I guess is coming from the fact that it is pretty difficult to make this change and HA devs are not thinking to fix this soon.

I’m working to improve my home network… So reverting it, don´t see it convenient. Reinstalling might be the way… I guess.

Loss of DNS resolution is not what I consider an “improvment”. But hey, do as you like.

Hahahaha, collateral damage on bad planning and executing the network improvement…

I am having the same issue. Haven’t made any network updates recently.

Currently running HassOS on a VirtualBox machine on Windows.

22-02-05 19:10:28 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-cli:2021.12.0: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-cli:2021.12.0/json: Not Found (“no such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-cli:2021.12.0: No such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-cli:2021.12.0”)
22-02-05 19:10:28 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.plugins.cli] CLI update failed
22-02-05 19:10:28 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.plugins.manager] Can’t update cli to 2021.12.0, the Supervisor healthy could be compromised!

same issue here with same version

22-02-06 23:52:12 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install ghcr.io/home-assistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:2022.01.1: 500 Server Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/create?tag=2022.01.1&fromImage=ghcr.io%2Fhome-assistant%2Famd64-hassio-supervisor: Internal Server Error (“Get “https://ghcr.io/v2/”: dial tcp: lookup ghcr.io: no such host”)

Using Adguard for DNS … but doesn’t seem to be blocking anything …

1 Like

I had the same error and this worked for me: Supervisor not starting after update to 207 · Issue #1556 · home-assistant/supervisor · GitHub

> docker pull homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest

> docker tag homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest homeassistant/amd64-hassio-supervisor:latest

I supposse something broke my supervisor before and I had to stop and remove a container named hassio_supervisor-old in Portainer.

Hi guys:

Thanks for replying… Just an update on my problem… Just recently shutdown my HAOS box and connected it to the other Ethernet port as i was trying to update the BIOS (yeah, i’m not using a rpi, it is fanless PC). And after that i was able to update the whole damn thing! In my case this is my solution, but found it just by pure luck.

Don’t think it might work for you. It was just cool to see that this might be an actual problem that needs to be addressed in HA.

Regards.

1 Like