Unable to use devices

Hi all,

I’ve been using Z2M for a while now without issues. But today I noticed my blinds wouldn’t work via HA. I checked Z2M in HA and I can see the devices, but the connections seem to be gone?
I was able to add a new temp sensor (The one you can see), but I can’t use my blinds or see the battery from the temp sensor. I use a Sonoff Zigbee USB stick with an extension cable. In the same room as the blinds I added an Ikea Zigbee repeater.
When using my blinds, this log is shown in Z2M:

Publish 'set' 'state' to 'Rolgordijn slaapkamer R' failed: 'Error: Write 0x54ef4410006b8c86/1 genAnalogOutput({"85":{"value":0,"type":57}}, {"timeout":10000,"disableResponse":false,"disableRecovery":false,"disableDefaultResponse":true,"direction":0,"srcEndpoint":null,"reservedBits":0,"manufacturerCode":null,"transactionSequenceNumber":null,"writeUndiv":false}) failed (Timeout - 49677 - 1 - 13 - 13 - 4 after 10000ms)'

When trying to add devices via the repeater, this error is shown in the logs:

Error 2024-03-09 13:45:00Request 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/request/permit_join' failed with error: '{"address":18968,"clusterId":32822,"sequence":63} after 10000ms'
Info 2024-03-09 13:45:00MQTT publish: topic 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/response/permit_join', payload '{"data":{},"error":"{\"address\":18968,\"clusterId\":32822,\"sequence\":63} after 10000ms","status":"error","transaction":"am6cu-4"}'

Also noticed this error:

Failed to execute LQI for 'Repeater Slaapkamer'

Only thing I think changed is that I updates HA, but not sure if that was the cause of this issue.
Anyone who can help out? :smiley:

I’m no expert, but the errors seem to be timeouts. Hardly surprising when there appears to be only one path from the coordinator to the sensors - this is going to be particularly vulnerable to environmental issues like interference. Your wifi? Your neighbour’s wi-fi?

Lots of good advice here:

Thanks for the link, that was usefull information.
Strange thing is, I had my blind motors connected directly to the Sonoff USB for a while and it worked fine. Even though the system is downstairs and pretty far away. I decided to add a repeater to strengthen the mesh network like the article describes.

I placed the repeater upstairs where the blind motors are so their connection will be better. After a few hours they where conencted via the repeater instead of directly with the USB. So the mesh was working as intended. But now if you look at my map, you can see there are no lines between the endpoints and the repeater.

Just now I was able to control the blinds but with a long delay. Also joining new devices via the repeater is giving me errors so I think there is something else going on then just network, since it worked fine for a while.

Not sure what it is tho…