Unable to wake up ESP8266 after Deep Sleep

Hello Spiro,

yes, I always started the log after a reset, this is the boot process until the first deep sleep.

I got the information about the resistor from the following link:

ESP.deepSleep hangs after wakeup - ESP12F (Working on older chips) #6007

Here a bridge is placed from the 3.3 volt pin to the SDD0 pin:

Greetings
the Noblast

external supply
I meant about suppyling the board from an external 3.3v to the 3.3v pin and not having a usb plugged in.

Hi Spiro,

sorry for the misunderstanding. I powered ist in different ways. First I Powered ist like your sketch with an Step Down converter. It Converts the 12 V from my car to the 3.3 V. I have also tried it with a capacitor.

Then I tried it with the USB voltage. That didnā€™t make any difference.

For the last test, I only worked with the USB voltage.

Greetings
the Noblast

What is this witchcraft? :rofl:

LOL. Now you see it , now you donā€™t . The camera never lies.
Still canā€™t work out why this doesnā€™t wake up. Iā€™ve never had problem waking D1 mini waking up. Iā€™ve mostly used ESP12F with cells (and solar panel) to avoid wasting energy on a 5v regulator. I must be assuming something thatā€™s wrong.

1 Like

Personally I just go for esp32ā€™s for deep sleep projects.

More features and less hassle.

ā€¦but thatā€™s not the topicā€¦:wink:

As I said before:

Are you still running API and MQTT at the same time? In my experience this never works well.

Hello Stevemann,

I have not yet made any changes to the boards that are already running and the API and MQTT are running in parallel. And it is running.

On the boards where I have the problems, I have not been able to get them to run either when I have only run API or MQTT. Unfortunately, this made no difference, even if I extended the runtime.

I might try to change the way, how I send them to deep sleep.

thanks,
the Noblast

Do you know if you have clones or originals?

Some clones can be poor quality.

I donā€™t know much about AZ-Delivery.

azdelivery
I think that isnt a legit AZ delivery as no branding.

Who is the original?
Expressif publishes schematics and PC board files for ANYONE to make development boards. So, by this logic they are ALL clones.

I have purchased dozens of ESP development boards from Amazon, eBay, AliExpress and Expressif. I have only experienced one DOA board, and even then I canā€™t be sure that I didnā€™t smoke it.

Weā€™ve discussed this before, @stevemann. The term ā€œcloneā€ may not be the best choice of word. I use it as shorthand (a term I picked up from the linked thread), but I appreciate it might be misleading. Iā€™ll try to remember to avoid using it in the future to avoid debate and the potential for being misleading.

Previously, I bought the cheapest options until I started getting weird reliability issues (broadly like the current one, which is what prompted me to make the connections and mention it, especially since other common causes seem to have been explored), also prompting the creation of the thread I mentioned.

If you havenā€™t had issues with inexpensive purchases, thatā€™s great ā€“ no need to change I guess. Personally, I switched to higher-quality boards and now encounter fewer problems, which works for me.

I primarily wanted to highlight that some cheaper boards have lower-quality components and may have reliability issues.