UniFi Device Tracking

I don’t understand how this is supposed to work anymore, could anyone please help me understand? All of my automation related to presence have been completely busted for several releases, and now that I sat down last night to try to figure it out, I’m just utterly baffled why these changes were made. Normally the release notes explain carefully the rationale and how to deal with breaking changes… not this time. The old Unifi presence detection worked great and has been reliable for over a year. Now all of a sudden, all my years long data of which devices I want to track and not from known_devices.yaml isn’t used anymore, so now I’m stuck trying to figure out how to get it back to the way it was in the UI, but it’s not working.

I added the UniFi integration, and configured it like this:

unifi:
  controllers:
  - host: !secret unifi_controller
    site: Default
    dont_track_devices: True
    dont_track_wired_clients: True
    detection_time: 800
    ssid_filter:
      - "SSID 1"
      - "SSID 2"

SSID filter doesn’t work. Home Assistant tries to add all the clients on my WiFi, on any SSID, including all my smart home devices. It’s also tracking wired clients. I have dozens of device_tracker entities now and no clue how to get things back to the way they were. Any help? I’m on 0.99.1.

Yes this appears to be a bit borked, I haven’t looked into it much either though. I have it set up through the UI instead of yaml, this shows the option to exclude wired connections at least.
Unfortunately I don’t have any easy solution for the massive amount of device trackers, you can however disable them in the Entity Registry config page.

@finity has made a similar post a week or so ago, still no reply from any dev with how this is no supposed to function. Info seems very muddy to say the least.

1 Like

I am fixing a couple of issues on the deConz integration and will get back to unifi integration shortly. Make sure that there is a github issue of this or create one yourself since it is hard to remember forum posts declaring issues.

Thanks, I filed https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/26921 explaining my issue at least, I wasn’t sure if it was a bug or if I was missing something that would make it work like it used to.

For me SSID filter doesn’t work too.

Unifi device tracker not working with Hassio 0.109.0

What happened??

Configuration.yaml

unifi:
  controllers:
    - host: 192.168.1.35
      site: !secret unifisite
      ssid_filter:
        - "Frank"
        - "IOT-Frank"
Ongeldige configuratie 
CONTROLEER CONFIGURATIE
Invalid config for [unifi]: The 'unifi' option (with value 'OrderedDict([('controllers', [OrderedDict([('host', '192.168.1.35'), ('site', 'Tummers'), ('ssid_filter', ['Frank', 'IOT-Frank'])])])])') is deprecated, please remove it from your configuration. This option will become invalid in version 0.109. Got OrderedDict([('default_config', {}), ('automation', [OrderedDict([('id', '1568296070081'), ('alias', "Serre 's Morgens aan"), ('trigger', [OrderedDict([('at', '6:00'), ('platform', 'time')])]), ('condition', [OrderedDict([('before', 'sunrise'), ('condition', 'sun')]), OrderedDict([('after', '00:00:00'), ('before', '23:59:00'), ('condition', 'time'), ('weekday', ['mon', 'tue', 'wed', 'thu', 'fri'])])]), ('action', [OrderedDict([('data', OrderedDict()), ('entity_id', 'switch.sonoff_1000b679d2').... (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 312). 

It states clearly in the logs that it has been deprecated. This was communicated some time ago. All your configuration should still be reflected through the frontend.

Hello Robban,

How do i use device tracker with Unifi now??
I don’t run unifi in the frontend.

Solved,
Installed the Unifi component