Unifi Network: Failed to connect

Nope. 20 charrrr.

I had this issue for a few months but now it works. I removed all unifi from HA, made sure everything on my dream machine pro is up to date, restart dream machine, restart HA, reinstall on HA and Bobā€™s your motherā€™s brother itā€™s done. It works perfectly well, donā€™t accuse people of poor tested code itā€™s unfair and gets you nowhere

Iā€™ve tried uninstall etcā€¦ still not dice here:

2022-09-16 11:05:17.482 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.unifi] Error connecting to the UniFi Network at 192.168.1.1: Call https://192.168.1.1:443/api/auth/login received 404 Not Found

Having the same problem here. Is there a solution already?

Im having the same problem.

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/aiounifi/controller.py", line 228, in _request
raise ResponseError(f"Call {url} received 404 Not Found")
aiounifi.errors.ResponseError: Call https://192.168.1.1:443/proxy/network/api/self/sites received 404 Not Found

Cant setup new Unifi integration. Last version of HA, Unifi - Cloud key 1, Security gateway (both with old firmware). But on older version of HA it works ok.

Just begun having this problem after updating to 2022.12.5 Iā€™ve been having soooo many API, Websocket and Add-On problems since 2022.12.0. A bit of a mess of a release.

Also not able to connect 12.7 ha to cloud key 2

Same issue.

Unifi controller: 7.3.76 (Build: branch_7.3.76_19582_M) running on Mac OS 13.1
Home Assistant 2022.12.8 Supervisor 2022.12.1 Operating System 9.4 Frontend 20221213.1 - latest

I was having the same issue and came across this thread. I have a CloudKey Gen2 and after trying a lot of different things, updating it to the latest UnifiOS firmware followed by powering off and back on resolved the issue for me.
Other things I did were:

• reset the CloudKey local username/password
  • reboot the HA host machine
  • update the Unifi USG

After updating the CloudKey it still didnā€™t work until powering off and back on. Iā€™m not sure if any other steps contributed to the solution but figured I would what I did.
I hadnā€™t used this integration previously, and I was already on HA 2022.12.8

For anyone facing this issue while hosting the Unifi Controller in Home Assistant itself, change the port from 443 to 8443.

I know this isnā€™t strictly an answer for many in this thread, however this thread is the main page to show in search results for issues like this.

3 Likes

Wow, for an integration that used to have ā€œPlatinumā€ badge in the repository, this is some really nasty behaviour. Thank you for saving my time, as I would lose at least an hour more tweaking the unifi settings :hugs:

Solved for me by adding and using a local super admin.
Using the ui.com email user gave me the failed to connect error.

Go to Ubiquiti Account
ā†’ Ā«UniFi OSĀ» button (server with a cog wheel displayed under your router)
ā†’ Ā«Admins & UsersĀ» in the left menu
ā†’ Ā«Add AdminĀ» (+ sign upper right)
ā†’ Check Ā«Restrict to local access onlyĀ»
ā†’ Fill in the rest of the details

4 Likes

Thank you! This finally helped!

I had the same issue today, after I migrated my Unifi-Controller to the Unifi-NetApp. For somehow reason the integration cannot connect to the DNS name, I had to use the IP-address of the host.

In terms of DNS, I still struggle to get the Unifi-NetApp running with traefik but this is not the topic.