Unifi Protect Integration

Since it works as a generic camera with the stream integration it’s kind of a moot point / dead at this time, didn’t really see the need to pursue it further since it works now. If an API is ever officially release could look into it again possibly.

It also actually worked with the previous Unifi NVR component but the auto discover piece needed some work, the generic camera with stream support is a much better integration.

Do you have a location for showing the support for the Unifi cameras with the generic camera /stream support?

I seem to be having issues getting snapshots and streams to work with Home Assistant despite enabling RTSP in Unifi Protect (on multiple resolutions) and anonymous snapshot directly on the Unifi Camera.

Exactly what I use here:

Make sure you also have stream enabled

Excellent! Thank you, I needed the

stream:

component in my configuration.yaml. I also needed the DIRECT ip to the camera for the still_image_url instead of the Unifi Protect instance the rtsp stream source points to.

Now they both work. (Still and stream)

Also – thank you for your contributions on github. I’ve referenced your repo numerous times – it’s great.

2 Likes