Unifi SSID filtering not working

Thanks for letting me know. So it appears that I have set it up correctly yet the filtering of SSID and wired devices doesn’t seem to work. For me at least.

Explain the behaviour and how you expect it to work

Sure my filter selections made from within the integrations frontend are as below:

1. Selecting Track network devices (selected)

2. Include wired network devices (not selected)

3. Track network devices (Ubiquity devices) (not selected)

4. Select SSID to track wireless clients on I’ve selected 2 SSIDs (these correspond to my private network and guest wifi networks)

From the selections made above I’d expect only device tracker entities to be created for network devices connected to the 2 selected wireless networks which were selected in item 4)

However, device tracker entities are created for all devices connected to all my 4 wireless networks, not only the 2 SSIDs selected in option 4). This includes a large of wireless devices on my IoT network, which I don’t need to track. Furthermore switch entities are being created for my wired PoE cameras.

If I remove the selection made in option 1) above then only the wired PoE cameras switch entities are created.

Is my understanding of how the filter options should work correctly?

Btw I’m running version 5.12.35 (Build: atag_5.12.35_12979) of the unifi controller.

Thanks for your answer, I will evaluate what you suggest and compare it with the code. I think there are a couple of improvements that can be made following your comments.

Thanks, Robban. I should add that the latest homeassistant update seems to have fixed one issue; that of wired PoE devices for being included as entities even though “Include wired network devices” had not been selected. So it’s just the filtering out of devices assigned to selected SSIDs which have not been selected now.

Just another point “Track network devices (Ubiquity devices)” is not selected but my unifi AP and Unifi switches are showing up within the integration but fortunately, they are not becoming entities/device trackers.

I’m confused. You say track devices is not enabled but you want the entities? Then you should enable track devices :slight_smile:

Hi Robban

I have.

1. is selected (Selecting Track network devices)

2. is unselected. Track network devices (Ubiquity devices)

3. above, is not selected. My Ubiquity/Unifi AP and managed Ubiquity/Unifi switches are listed within the integration even though option 3) is unselected. But this is not a problem because entities/device trackers have not been created for my AP and managed switches within Homeassistant Entities.

1. is unselected. Track network devices ( Ubiquity devices)

Now I understand.

PR to allow configuration of POE switches: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/32781

PR to improve SSID filter is now up: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/32785

Hi Robban

Does the PR mean that the fix should be rolled out sometime soon? I still having device tracker entities created in homeassistant for my iot wifi devices on my iot network and my iot ssid is not selected.

It is part of 0.108 yes. What does your config look like?

Hi Robban it looks good now. Once I removed and re-added the Integration the device tracker entities created in homeassistant are correct based on the selected ssid’s. Thank you.

Great to hear!