Unifi Switches POE control

Control poe for network infrastructure is planned but not supported yet

I see. Thanks, will watch this thread for updates.

One last question:
Is it possible just to watch certain clients. So is there something like. Include, exclude for this component?

You can use entity registry to disable what entities you don’t want to see

Those are a lot of entities to block.

I would prefer doing it the other way arround. So exclude all by default and include a list of devices.
But this isn’t possible currently? Right?

You can change the options to not track anything and they would all change to disabled

Yeah but than nothing would be tracked, but I just want to track 4 devices out of much more.

Would be better to inlude 4
than exclude “much more”.

If they’re disabled you can select per entity registry entry what should be enabled

Could you post a example configuration for this?

Maybe add it to this example:

unifi:
  controllers:
    - host: localhost
      site: default
      dont_track_clients: true
      dont_track_devices: true
      dont_track_wired_clients: true

Thank you!

There is a basic example with text explaining all options. I much prefer users using the frontend path to configuring

Ok, so I will use the Frontend path.

Out of curiosity. Which settings is priorisised if you have both (yaml and frontend) settings and they are not the same?

Yaml is prioritized so you should remove them :slight_smile:

1 Like

So with this configuration do new devices still get added but they get added as disabled? or have you disabled all device manually, kept the ones you want to track and then entered that configuration to prevent other devices being tracked?

I deleted the configuration in the yaml file and only have it in the integrations now.

I don’t think you can choose certain devices there to be tracked. All or none. But I might me wrong. I don’t track any currently.

Yes they would be added as disabled

1 Like

You can select to enable specific devices whoch are disabled

Couldn’t figure out how. I have all boxes in the settings of that integration blank.

If I click one of the devices (which are inactive) I cant see an option to activate that device.

So enable it?

Yes but than all devices are enabled. I don’t want to spam the ha database with so many unnecessary devices.

Only a few of around 50 would be interesting.

Go to entity registry you can select what entities you want to enable

I see, thanks. I was looking for this in the integration.
Never used the entity registry before.

The thing is a activated a random device of this integration and it is indeed enabled now. Unfortunately it looks like I cannot deactivate this device again, because it doesn’t show up in the entity registry any more. Looks like I can only see deactivated entities there.