Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

Hi Will, first of all, thanks for the great job you’ve done. I have a Gen 2 and I would like to be able to modify the “Export control” value from home assistant, can you implement it in the next update?
Thanks

@wills106 , Hi Will, i have finally gotten ahold of the Modbus protocol for the newest X1 & X3 Hybrid G4, would it be possible to implement this in your custom component? Thank you and regards

1 Like

Hey I experience the same thing but only when the system goes idle when it reached the min charge limit of the battery. I only got it working again by changing the charger use mode in another state. So the question in my opinion is: how can you from the integration of Will awaken the system?

Hi people, when I connect my Solax X1 Air 1.1 over the internal RJ45 connector the inverter displays shows: Waiting(shut). When I disconnect the cable it starts couting down for startup. Is there a workaround or something? Thanks in advance

Adding support for G4 would be really much appreciated.

Just out of curiosity, does the protocol you have for gen4 include write register or only read?

Hi Will and forum
Has anybody yet discovered the register number for the “Grid-tied Min Capacity (%)” value?
Would help a lot in using the inverter for peak value control.
Thanks in advance,
JP

Hi Will
Do you have any idea why [consumed_energy_total] is showing 0,0kwh? The others are everything working.
Thanks

Hi All,

Been a bit busy the last few weeks with other projects.

:snowman_with_snow:

Are you in Self Use or Force Time Mode?

Do you mean to force discharge the battery into the Grid?

Are you able to send me a PM then I can have a look at the differences,

Are you trying to connect the Air with an ethernet connection or are you using for example a USB to RS485 adapter? As the RJ45 on the Air isn’t an ethernet port.

Not yet unless it’s in the Gen 4 Documentation?

That sensor doesn’t really make sense, I need to have another look at it.
If I remember right it was either miles off or returned what looked like random values.

1 Like

Hi Will, which documentation do you mean? It is not in the gen 4 user manual (not even mentioned)

I was referring the to Modbus Protocol document that @Voreland has got hold off.

Once I can get a copy I can see if there are any missing Gen 3 registers and also add in newer Gen 4 stuff.

I think I was in self use mode, but will check and try both modes to see what happens. I will let you know then. Thanks

I have just noticed when I charge from the Grid my house load goes to zero.

I have made some changes and I’ll see if that still gives an accurate house load or not. If I still get accurate loads it might fix you issue.

I’ll know in the morning.

There was a sensor giving the meter consumed values before am I wrong? I thought it could be that one… I used it to make utility meters, would be nice to have it back…

Btw, my right ability to change battery charge rate and maximum charge isn’t working today… Any advice?

Cheers

@Voreland
Hi Christer, I am also struggling to tune the inverter so therefor very interested in the Gen 4 Modbus protocol. Would it be possible to PM me a copy?
Thanks in advance, JP

@wills106 sorry for the late reply.

Attached is the document i got hold off, but i am not sure if i read it wrong or if there is a newer update for the system available since the mode control (manual, self use, backup mode etc) is located at 139 & 140 and when i wrote this first message it did not work changing the mode from HA but today it does. I think they update over air without us knowing. Ive received the parallell mode aswell this way.

@Voreland

Are yo trying to use my custom_component to control your inverter or are you using a setup like my packages?

If you are using the packages method are you trying to write to 8B and 8C (139 & 140?) To change the modes? Or just read from them?

I have only had a quick look at the Document but from a Write perspective they have changed what a number of the write registers do compared to earlier models.

I will have to have a proper read of the document and see what’s the easiest way to incorporate the X4 into my custom_component

@smdx

If you edit __ init __.py
Lines 685 - 688

if inverter_load > 0:
  self.data["house_load"] = inverter_load - feedin_power
else:
  self.data["house_load"] = 0

To:

#if inverter_load > 0:
self.data["house_load"] = inverter_load - feedin_power
 #else:
#  self.data["house_load"] = 0

Does your house load stop showing 0 when your battery is flat?

@wills106 I’m using your custom component and alot of your work for the x3 G3 works for my G4, and yesterday I suddenly was allowed to change between self use, backup and feed in priority (on G4 it activated manual mode with stop charge discharge parameter (140)

Thanks again for all your work so far :blush: Its really appreciated

Version 0.3.4

Corrected X3 Inverter Power Scaling

Corrected spelling mistakes

Fixed House Load showing Zero when charging from the Grid. Should also fix House Load showing zero when Battery is empty.

@wills106 FYI the parameters numbers for fc6 seems to be responding correctly now, but the charge/discharge limit has been lowered from 30amps to 25amps for some unknown reason.