Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

Hi,

I am experiencing som troubles with my Solax inverter. Today it suddenly stoped updated in my home assistant. I tried to remove the HACS integration restart the router and add it again. Now I only see 4 entities. Battery awaken, press to unlock and inverter temp.

In the log it now says.
unrecognized inverter type - serial number : unknown

15:48:12 – (FEL) SolaX Inverter Modbus (anpassad integration)

SolaX2: cannot find serial number, even not for MIC

15:48:12 – (FEL) SolaX Inverter Modbus (anpassad integration)

SolaX2: reading serial number from address 0x300 failed; other address may succeed

15:48:12 – (VARNING) SolaX Inverter Modbus (anpassad integration)

SolaX2: reading serial number from address 0x0 failed; other address may succeed

15:48:12 – (VARNING) SolaX Inverter Modbus (anpassad integration)

Anyone know what is wrong?

/Fredrik

Try power cycling the Inverter.

Hmm how do I do that. Tried to turn the main breaker off for the whole house but since I have batteries connected the inverter stayed on…

Edit. Waited until the battery was at 10% then it shut down. Readded and now all data is back :smiley: Thanks

Sorry I forgot to reply. Glad you are sorted now.

On the LCD in the menu system, there is a ‘System On / Off’ option.

@ionik Just released 2023.02.7b2 2023.02.7b3 should support the X1-Air, X1-Boost & X1-Mini Inverters now.
But you may need to find a way to update your firmware, so it supports the proper Modbus protocol.

Hi,

Update for support new modbus protocol ? It can be possible ?
have you the information for the Firmware version ?

It’s in the release notes, but you need minimum Arm version 1.37

Edit: You can follow along here What SolaX inverter are you using? · Discussion #26 · wills106/homeassistant-solax-modbus · GitHub

On you link he talk about modbus over the solax wifi dongle ?

So it’s compatible with the api from the pocketWifi key ?

I have ordered one for my Hybrid G4.

It’s not confirmed yet.

Edit: Well this Integration doesn’t use the “SolaX api” it uses Modbus, but I don’t know if the Pocket WiFi supports Modbus on these X1-Boost / X1-Mini etc.
The Pocket WiFi might only pass over Modbus to the Hybrid Inverters as the registers are in a different location between the Hybrid and the X1 / X3 PV Only Inverters.

The register set for the X1-Boost is based on the register set used on the X3-MIC / MIC Pro

It PocketWifi key support modbus on The Hybrid G4 (with 3.0 version ? )

If yes i can test it when i receive it (and on the X1 Mini with Pokcet wifi 3.0 too)

According to https://kb.solaxpower.com/data/detail/ff8080818407e2a701840a22dec20032.html but I can’t validate as I don’t own any Pocket WiFi devices or a Gen4

i can test when i receive it.

I have a Pocket LAN, but they don’t mention that anywhere in that knowledge base article.

It work with pocket wifi 3.0 !

If you want I have a complete documentation for it.

I have this and I test many tips and nothing work(I can’t find the pocket lan IP on my network…)

Can you be more specific which Inverter works with the Pocket WiFi 3.0?
There are over 40 variations of SolaX Inverters documented so far in this Integration.
You need to be careful you don’t spread false hope / information that all Inverters work with the Pocket WiFi 3.0 over Modbus.

I have a Solax X1 Hybrid G4 6.0.

It’s like your link of the solax KB.

@Kars Have you seen this? What SolaX inverter are you using? · Discussion #26 · wills106/homeassistant-solax-modbus · GitHub Does your Inverter have a Modbus Power Meter connected or just a CT clamp?

If your Inverter is on less than Arm 1.38 is your Inverter Happy on 2023.02.7bx or does it complain in can’t read those 5 new registers?

My inverter is neither connected to a Modbus Power Meter nor is it connected to a CT clamp (unless you mean internal ones). It has no knowledge of grid feed-in. I have no Modbus settings in SolaX Cloud. I have an X3-MIC/PRO. ARM version is 1.0 (in the display it says “ARM: 1.0”, there’s also a display with “Internal Code:”, which says “A:33 D1:30 D2:02”.

I haven’t tried 2023.02.7bx, I’m on version 2023.02.4.

Just tried 2023.02.7b3, I see no complaints in the logs but some sensors have status “Unknown”:

sensor.solax_x3_mic_inverter_power
sensor.solax_x3_mic_today_s_grid_export
sensor.solax_x3_mic_today_s_grid_import
sensor.solax_x3_mic_today_s_yield
sensor.solax_x3_mic_total_yield

Of those I only use sensor.solax_x3_mic_today_s_yield and sensor.solax_x3_mic_total_yield.