Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

No, I am not using beta version.

i also see this on my x1 7.5D

values are linked for like few seconds then de-link when next change comes in. Annoying and werid

I might try a rollback tomorrow, havenā€™t done it yet because only the SolaX integration is affected.
Iā€™m not using the beta version of the integration either.

@HVG @Manu-J are you using a Pocket WiFi v1 or v2 by any chance?

No, my X3 Gen3 is connected via the LAN port.

I would double check your Inverter IP address incase it has changed?
Iā€™m still on HA 2023.3.3 at the min, Iā€™ll update and see if I lose connectivity.

Iā€™m on HA 2023.3.6 now and everything is still working fine using the built in ethernet.
So I would double check the IP address hasnā€™t changed. If it hasnā€™t I would power cycle the Inverter.

Its V1 wifi version.

Hi, I double checked my IP. Using REST I can get all data. But integration is failing now. As I said the system is communicating with Inverter, but returning only 4 entities

When you refer power cycle the inverter, did you mean turning system on and off?

@Manu-J
The early Pocket WiFi is unreliable with Modbus. It either works, works intermittently or not at all.

The Integration isnā€™t communicating with your Inverter, if you only get 4 entities the Inverter isnā€™t returning the serial number.

I actually meant that for HVG. I donā€™t know if it will help in your situation or notā€¦
But yes turning the Invert fully off.

Update:

Wola: I did a full inverter shutdown and powerup. Now all entities are appearing back.
Also by the way my dongle is WIFI v3 vesion.
Thanks for your help

The IP hasnā€™t changed, after a power cycle the entities are back - thank you!

Hello there (again).
I am again trying some automation based on energy prices and Solax Export Control User Limit.
I am running Solax X3 Hybrid G4, right now solax_run_mode=Normal Mode and I have batteries fully charged and producing a lot of power from PV. Since prices are very low, I want to set Export Control User Limit to zero. The same happens as when I was testing it in January - briefly it sets to zero and then reverts back to 10000 W.
Is this expected behaviour? I am pretty sure that when the inverter is up and running and producing energy, those changes should apply.
Anyone managed to solve this?

Have you had a look at the Modbus Power Control in the Wiki

Yes indeed. So that is the only way I guess?

Is there any reason some of the entities (like Solax Export Control User Limit) appear writable in HA then? They could very well be read-only as it seems like the values cannot be saved in any way.

I have an automation that sets export_control_user_limit to zero when prices are negative.
This automation works well on my X3 Gen4
(it works in both normal mode as in modbus_powerr_control mode)
I wonder if your inverter is not in a locked state. Can you modify other parameters? (do they also revert to previous value after a couple of seconds ?)

Modbus_power_control is nice, but cannot set a limit on the export_control_user_limit, so I need both
If you modify export_control_user_limit manually (without automation), does it also auto-revert to the previous value ?

When I drag it in HA with mouse manually, its the same.
When I type it on inverterā€™s menu, it works without any problems.

Well then there must be some problem on my side but I have no idea what that might be.
Yes, looks like everything I try to write to the inverter defaults back within few seconds.
Can you tell me what to try? I found those entities:

solax_device_lock=Unlock
solax_lock_state=Locked