Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (AlphaESS, Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solinteg, Solis, SRNE, Swatten, TIGO TSI & Qcells Q.Volt Hyb)

Hi, I feel I’m missing the obvious but the latest release notes say -“…recommended to remove the Inverter(s) from the Integration before updating…”
Can someone tell me exactly how to do this please as I can’t see an obvious way of doing this and don’t want to just try things and risk loosing my history.

Many thanks.

Not sure if it helps (or if it is actually the preferred way), but in the past I just deleted the integration and added it again - worked every time and I did it with the latest version too (2024.08.8).

Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm did it keep all the past history and entities when you reinstalled?

Yes, the history of the entities is still here. I can’t confirm it for entities that might not exist anymore, I reckon they will be removed since only those from the new installation will be added.

I did the upgrade today and the integration was completely missing from HA, so I was unable to add the inverter back :frowning:
I tried to restart HA, but that didn’t help, so I had to remove the integration, restart, do a clean install in HACS and restart again.
After that I was able to add the integration and inverter back again.

What troubles me now is, that I seem to have lost all the cost data on the energy dashboard for the import/export energy :crying_cat_face:
Any bright mind who would know how to recover it?

Edit:
It was caused by the fact, that energy dashboard actually thought it got new sensors for import/export on it’s input (as their UID must have changed) so it created new cost entities.
sensor.solax_today_s_import_energy_cost → sensor.solax_today_s_import_energy_cost_2
sensor.solax_today_s_export_energy_compensation → sensor.solax_today_s_export_energy_compensation_2

It took a lot of work in SQLite Web to fix it ( I mean hours) :weary:

I also lost all my cost data aver uninstalling and installing version 2024.08.08.
Even though you mentioned that it took hours to fiy that problem could you explain how you did ?

Furthermore and even more important with version 2024.08.* only reading of entities is possible, setting values and thus automations doing so don’t work anymore. I hope for a fix soon our otherwise I need to roll back to the last working version.

I also had the cost problem.

I found this integration.

I could then extract the old cost information using SQL, change the entity id and reload onto the new cost id.

There were some disconnects in the data at the point of transition between the new and the old but I just fixed those by using adjust sum in Statistics under Developer Tools.

Still took some time but got there in the end.

Hey, hope everyone is ok.
I am using this for a long time now and today, with the loss of grid power I got “mad” because I had 50% battery and my inverter was off…
I found the minimum battery capacity grid tied but no option to enable the “SolaX Inverter Discharge Cut Off Point Different”.
Not possible? We can do it in Solaxcloud.

My inverter is a X1 Gen3 Hybrid 5.0.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help

I have released 2024.10.1 changing it from a sensor to a switch.

1 Like

You are the man, thank you.

Btw, to anyone who doesn’t know this activated the second minimum battery SOC; and why we need it? Well, imagine that really bad weather are coming or you live in a place where energy cuts occur very often. You don’t need to keep all the battery to backup.
Turn this ON and define low battery SOC to 10% and this for example to 50%.

When you have grid power you will use battery, normally (even in self use mode) from 50 to 100% or 100% to 50%. As soon as it hits the 50% it will keep it to EPS mode, from 50% to 10%

Hope this helps someone

1 Like

Hi All
I’d apprechiate feedback on a couple of items please.

Been using this integration for 18months and all has been well. This week updated inverter (Solax X1-Hybrid-G4) to latest firmaware (DSP v1.45 ARM v1.42) and full update of HA.

Taking advantage of an additional “off Peak” slot this afternoon I enabled car and house battery charging (via my HA Node Red automation). The automation correctly set the inverter to “Enable Battery Control” and all went well with both car and house batteries charging with PV providing up to 3KW and the grid topping up the rest.
When the house battery reached 95% (the full cutoff) the automation reset the remote control to “Enabled No Discharge”. At this point I noticed 2 things -

1. The “Solax Inverter Run Mode” would alternate between “Normal (R)” for 20 seconds and then “Normal Mode” for approximately 5 seconds. Previously I’ve only seen “Normal Mode”. At the same time the “SolaX Inverter Modbus Power Control” would go back to Disabled. For reference the “Remote Control Duration is 20s” and the “Polling interval for Modbus” is 5s.

2. Whilst in remote control mode (ie showing Normal (R)) the PV output dropped to a few watts (<25w) with the grid providing 99% of the power to charge the car. The house batteries (correctly) not discharging. In the 5 second or so that the run mode dropped to “Normal Mode” (suggesting the remore control had temporarily stopped) the PV output went back up to over 2KW with subsequent drop of grid input.

So why was the PV input in “Enabled No Discharge” mode not there? and why, when auto-repeat was set on did it keep stop and starting each cycle?

Any help / input much apprechiated.
Many thanks
Dave