Universal Solar Inverter over Modbus RS485 / TCP custom_component (Growatt, Sofar, SolaX, Solis)

On my Gen4 X3, the current export level and the current export limit are exposed, so a simple comparison od both values should do this.
I guess X1 gen3 is not different.

On the Gen3 they are hidden by default in the integration but you have:

sensor.solax_export_control_factory_limit so this should be the Inverter limit say 5000w

&

sensor.solax_export_control_user_limit with this sensor you might find your Inverter is limited to 3600w to comply with DNO regulations in the UK for example.

The inverter might also be limiting because the grid voltage would become too high. I have not seen a modbus register that gives an indication of this condition, but I have not really searched.

I can’t just compare the current export level and the current export limit because I have two inverters both subject to the same combined limit.

I don’t need to expose the configured limit, I need to find some modbus register that indicates the “export is currently being limited” condition. Any idea how I could find it?

Sorry, I must be missing something, I still dont understand what you want to reach (which action will you take when one of the inverters is limiting ?)
In the newest version of the Gen4, there is a variable wACPowerLimit (Watt). No idea what it does and we have not implemented it yet in the integration.

I want to know when the SolaX inverter is reducing PV power in order to stay below the export limit set.

Sorry, I would still say when the current export power is equal to the set limit.
But as I said, there may be other reasons (excess grid voltage)

My inverter doesn’t limit export due to excess grid voltage. I wish it did! I have seen that problem a few times.

Where to start?

This release has undertaken a massive code change. With the help of @infradom we now have the ability for the Integration to detect what Inverter you are using based on the Serial Number provided by User feedback from Discussion #26

All Tick boxes upon initial setup have been removed other than the EPS one.

As the Integration is now configured based on the Serial Number individual parameters can be defined. The Gen2 SK-SU sets the Charge / Discharge to 50A and the Gen2 SK-TL sets the same Charge / Discharge to the appropriate 100A. The X1AC configures as a Gen3 Inverter but drops the PV Sensors which are not present.

Before upgrading I strongly suggest you remove the current Integration from the Integration page before upgrading!
When you re add the Integration following the code upgrade, if you name the Integration the same you shouldn’t affect any sensor names or automations other than the mentioned name changes.

If the Integration fails to load with the following error in your log “unrecognized inverter type - serial number : {your_serial_number_here}” Please see Discussion #26 providing the details asked for.

Notable Changes:

Gen2 - Gen4:

Renamed the following:

• battery_input_energy to battery_input_energy (Can be used in the Energy Dashboard)
  • battery_output_energy to battery_output_energy (Can be used in the Energy Dashboard)

Following Sensors are removed:

• factoryname
  • modulename

Added the following button:

• unlock_inverter_advanced (Unlocks the Inverter to the higher level)

Gen2:

Renamed the following

• today_s_yield to today_s_solar_energy (Todays Solar PV yield for Energy Dashboard)
  • total_yield to total_solar_energy (Matches gen3 & gen4)
  • today_s_yield (Now only on U50ED which is Solar PV + Battery Yield)

Gen3:

Added the following: (Hybrid only)

• sensor “battery_install_capacity”
  • sensor “inverter_model_number”
  • number “battery_minimum_capacity_gridtied”

Renamed the following: (Hybrid only)

• disch_cut_off_capacity_grid_mode to battery_minimum_capacity_gridtied

Removed the following sensors: (Hybrid & AC)

• discharger_start_time_x
  • discharger_end_time_x

Before upgrading from 0.4.x I strongly suggest you remove the current Integration from the Integration page before upgrading!
When you re add the Integration following the code upgrade, if you name the Integration the same you shouldn’t affect any sensor names or automations other than the mentioned name changes.

If the Integration fails to load with the following error in your log “unrecognized inverter type - serial number : {your_serial_number_here}” Please see #26 providing the details asked for.

Added the following Inverters:

Gen3 X1 3.7kW serial starting XRE3 (Should also work for 3.0kW)
Gen3 X3 serial starting H3DE or H3PE
Gen4 X1 7.5kW serial starting with H475

Untested:

Gen4 X1 6kW serial starting with H460 (I am assuming this based on the naming of the Gen4 X1 5kW & Gen4 X1 7.5kW)

X3 MIC 10kW based on serial starting MC10 this might still fail with “unrecognized inverter type - serial number : {your_serial_number_here}” as I believe the MIC Pro has the registers at a different location compared to the GenX Inverters.

Added initial support for the X1-Mini.
The X1-Mini & the X3 MIC still have the possibility they don’t work with the current Integration.

Gen3:

Following sensors have been set to disabled by default. Not all Gen3’s contain them:

• inverter_model_number

X3 MIC / X1-Mini:

Added the following PV sensors (may or may not work, as I don’t know if they are in the same location as Hybrid Inverters):

• pv_current
  • pv_power
  • pv_voltage

Gen3 & Gen4:

Following sensors have been added to X3:

• disch_cut_off_point_different
  • disch_cut_off_voltage_grid_mode

Following sensors have been removed as they don’t exist:

• battery_package_number
  • battery_soh
  • disch_cut_off_capacity_grid_mode

Hello Chris, Is this problem solved? I saw you removed your post. The traceback you sent looks strange or incomplete, It is unlikely to have a crash on that line.

Hello
Yes i solved the issue by putting in the correct IP, the reported IP on my router and the IP on the unit don’t appear to match. Pulled the IP from the inverter and no issue.

Hi,

I’ve had a SOLAX X1 G3 with EPS running with this fantastic integration for as long as it’s been around. I would like to thank you for all the work you have done to keep it running better and better.

Last month I purchased a second X1 Boost 3kW inverter, which has the following serial number: XB3130H…

Is it possible to include this type of inverter in this integration?

Thank you very much

I can add the serial number in. But you will have to let me know what sensors work and if any scaling is required.

This is a PV only Inverter isn’t it?

Will you be using a RS485 - USB adaptor or a RS485 - Ethernet adaptor?

I have not yet integrated the inverter into HA.

The inverter is PV only.

Similar to what I am doing with the Inverter X1 Hybrid (G3), I was thinking of connecting the network cable directly to the inverter.

Does it have built in ethernet then? I didn’t realise any of the PV only ones had ethernet. I thought it was just the Gen2 & Gen3 hybrids.

I confess I haven’t opened it yet to check for it.
Maybe it doesn’t.
Over the weekend I will confirm whether or not the inverter has an ethernet input.

Hello,

I’m new to the HA and would appreciate your help as SOLAX support would not reply to my questions since April. I have 2x Solax X3 10KW - E inverters with 4x5,8 triple power batteries(1 master + 3 slave) connected to the Master inverter. On the top of that I have the 3-phase EASTRON METER connected to HA via MODBUS RTU which I use for automations(i.e NO connection of Meter to SOLAX Inverter).

Is it possible to run the whole ecosystem with TRIPLe POWER batteries in SELF USE without the connection of the meter to the inverter?

Thanks for your help.

I would be surprised that the hybrid inverter would be able to work without the Eastron or a set of Current Transformers (ct).
What model are you currently using ? Gen4 hybrid X3 or another model? If the inverter is connected though serial modbus to the Eastron, our HA integration (Gen4 and maybe other versions) still exposes most relevant parameters from the Eeastron, (just different entity names and ID’s, but the data should be accessible).

What model are you currently using ? Gen4 hybrid X3 or another model?
It’ Model X3-Hybrid-10.0-D-E