Unsupported system - CGroup version

Hello, I’m totally new to Home Assistant and Linux. I went through a guide to install on an Apple Silicon Mac min. I’m getting the UI (amazingly), but two errors - would someone point me in the right direction to fix them?

Error 1: Unsupported system - CGroup version
System is unsupported because the wrong version of Docker CGroup is in use. Use the link to learn the correct version and how to fix this.

Error 2: Unhealthy system - Not privileged

System is currently unhealthy because it does not have privileged access to the docker runtime. Use the link to learn more and how to fix this.

Which guide?

Is this a supervised install?

I think so - This is the guide I started with and it did work up and till the part where to trouble shoot those two errors Run Home Assistant on macOS with a Debian 12 Virtual Machine – Siytek

yes it is a supervised install.

Installing the homeassistantsupervised package should have fixed the cgroup problem.

When i say should have, I have no idea about UTM or the intricacies of a Mac, so I have no idea of this should work.

You may like to look at this howto, which doesn’t cover your precise use case, but it does a similar install on debian installed direct to the hardware Installing Home Assistant Supervised using Debian 12

1 Like