Untappd API

Ah thanks, so just removing the line unit_of_measurement: checkins from the sensor template should remove it or do I add something like unit_of_measurement: " " instead!
And to answer my first question about the icons it seems to work by adding a entity_picture_template: to each of the template sensors :smiley:

Slowly getting there! :beers:

I’m getting the following error in my travis-ci builds. The same error is also stopping me from updating hass.io

Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - Platform not found: sensor.untappd

Install location:
custom_components/untappd/sensor.py

Configuration:

Anyone ever find the fix for the “unit_of_measurement:” or was hashing it out the best solution?

I just commented it out and it’s working fine for me!

Thank you very much for sharing your template config. Now it is working for me and i have the template sensors but i can not get the love-lace card working.
would you like to share your lovelace config for the untappd card?
then i can compare it with my config and see where it goes wrong.

Does this component still work? I’m getting the following errors…

Error while setting up untappd platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 178, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/untappd/sensor.py”, line 64, in setup_platform
add_devices([UntappdCheckinSensor(username, api_id, api_secret)])
File “/config/custom_components/untappd/sensor.py”, line 85, in init
self.update()
File “/config/custom_components/untappd/sensor.py”, line 90, in update
self._apisecret, self._username)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyuntappd/ init .py”, line 26, in get_last_activity
activity = get_last_activity[‘response’][‘checkins’][‘items’][0]
IndexError: list index out of range

Hi Erik,

You card looks very neat. I am fooling around with Untappd as well. The link to your card seems to be broken. Would you mind sharing?

For what its worth, I’ve noticed that the latest badge, doesn’t always actually seem to be the latest badge - generally seems to be badges with levels. So my latest badge awarded in the app was Middle of the Road (Level 47), but the untappd API returns Legendary as my latest badge, even though that was the previous latest badge I got.
It seems to be an issue with their API, it looks like a lot (but not all) of the badges with levels are not returned from the user badges api call for levels other than level 1.
I’ve submitted a support request to untappd about it, so will see what they say…

Did you find a solution since I ended up with the same error. I just created an issue on Gitthub: Error after setting up untappd platform for sensor · Issue #31 · custom-components/sensor.untappd (github.com)

Yeah. Create some activity in your untappd account. Add a beer and a visit to somewhere and then it will work.

The issue with only updating latest badge with unique badges or level 1 badges, not when other levels on a badge are awarded has not been fixed. It still seems to be a problem with the Untappd API.

I already checked in 20 beers after adding the sensor. Did you used a brand new UnTappd account or did you already have one? Mine is already there for some years… So maybe that is causing the plugin to fail…

Hello beer friends!
Thanks for all the great work on the untapped integration and lovelace card. I’m hoping to do something slightly different with untappd beer info, but I think I’ll need help with some custom lovelace card to pull it off.

Thanks to some awesome work by the Passive BLE Monitor component, I’ve been able to integrate my kegerator status into Home Assistant. What I would love to do is show a card with untappd beer info to go along side the amount served and amount remaining. Effectively, I want to recreate this card from the untappd site in lovelace:

Getting the information from untappd (with the appropriate beerID, which I can store in the Kegtron) seems easy enough, but I don’t have the CSS/JS skills needed to create the card. Would anyone be willing to help out? I’d happy donate to the effort.

Thanks!