Unwanted delay between Actions

I have built several automations, and they all work as designed, except that between each action is some kind of built in delay. the delay seems to vary slightly from if i manually execute the automation or if i let the trigger execute it, but it seems to be around 5 seconds between each of the actions. is there a configuration that i can edit to eliminate this? specifically, i have not added any delays between actions, this delay is built-in. i am currently running HassOS 4.10 Production with Version 227 on a Raspberry Pi 4.

There are no built in delays. Something is slowing your system down. What devices are you communicating with? Does this delay occur if you turn on an input boolean with an automation?

nearly all of my devices are Tuya devices. i’ve got 137 of them at this point. the delay doesn’t seem to have any difference on what i am controlling though, as i also have Rokus and a garage door opener, which are all off the Tuya system. the first action always sends instantly, the delay only happens when running subsequent actions.

Well, if it’s not isolated to Tuya as you say, then you need to narrow down the cause of the delay. Check your logs, make sure there is no errors. But as I said before, there is no ‘universal delay’ built into the system. This is a unique phenomenon that is only affecting you. Based on your comments I’d create an automation that only uses home assistant service calls, like turning on a series of input booleans. If that works fine… I’d start giving Tuya the evil eye.

HAHA start giving Tuya an evil eye? i’m actually new to Home Assistant due to giving Tuya the evil eye with their “no more IFTTT” decision! what a bunch of rubbish! anyway, thanks so much for the confirmation on it being a thing with my hardware/device/use case/setup/whatever.

Sounds like you’re using the Tuya cloud integration. The majority of the delay will likely be due to the fact that HA has to talk to a server somewhere in the world that then talks to your device, which sends an answer to the server which is then passed back to HA.

Do yourself a favour. Look into Tuya-convert. Run alternative firmware on your devices (Tasmota or ESPHome) that allows for local control. HA -> Device -> HA. Virtually instant control and feedback that keeps working even when your internet connection goes down.

if you can provide a way i can flash 137 devices at the same time, this might be a solution, but taking just 3.5 minutes per device to flash and reconfigure, that is still an entire 8 hour day to update all of my devices. thank you for the suggestion, i will keep it in mind. it might be worth flashing a couple devices and doing an A-B comparison, but that’ll have to wait for another day as i was really hoping for a ‘add this value/line in your config file and your good’ kind of answer, which is not the case.

This might be an option for you: