Update 2022.4.0/ Remove energy usage/ VERA

Good afternoon. I have some switch plugs, which stopped reporting watts since the 2022.4.0 update. someone with the same problem?

Got 4 of them, upgraded to 2022.4 about 3 hours ago…no issue, both plugs as statistics updating fine (running HA docker)

are switch wall plug added on my Z-Wave VERA gateway. they are added as on/off switches, but I pulled the watts value that now doesn’t appear

really needed help there. these watts were being used to calculate values ​​that are now stopped :s

Am I the only person on the entire planet who actually reads the breaking changes and release notes before installing an update?!?!? :roll_eyes:

https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2022/04/06/release-20224/#breaking-changes

2 Likes

I always read. I had read halfway through after doing the update. when I realized the problem I did a search for “watt” and I didn’t find what you sent.

This is a very big problem for me… Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

1 Like
1 Like

What a shame! One wonders what argument dictates this direction: " In the August 2021 release, we deprecated all energy-related attributes from switches. The attributes are: current_power_w and today_energy_kwh. Those attributes should have been separate power and energy sensors instead.". It once more demonstrates that end users are dictated by software developers, which direction not always makes sense. Integration was the main reason for selecting home assistant which objective is diminished by the day.

Yes, it can truly be a hard time to keep up with all the changes and sadly that no one maintains Vera no more.
The REST sensor can make it live a bit longer at least for now…

sensor:
  - platform: rest
    name: "ender_kwh"
    resource: http://IP_OF_VERA:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=YOUR_DEVICE_NUMBER&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1&Variable=KWH
    method: GET
    unit_of_measurement: kWh
    device_class: energy
    state_class: total_increasing

  - platform: rest
    name: "ender_power_watt"
    resource: http://IP_OF_VERA:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=YOUR_DEVICE_NUMBER&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1&Variable=Watts
    method: GET
    unit_of_measurement: W
    device_class: power
    state_class: measurement
1 Like

Good afternoon. Yes, that’s what I did through a github help. I have to start seeing the dongle to start passing the 200+ entities to the Z-Wave JS :s
Thanks

You could also use a vera mqtt client plug in to connect to HA. Integration is always better than centralization.

good night…. currently it is no longer possible to see the switch power consumption of my VERA integration…. and I don’t know if there will ever be an update of the integration :s To solve this problem I used platform: rest to pull the watts value of two switches


  - platform: rest
    name: Plug- watts
    resource: http://IP_VERA:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=DEVICE_N&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1&Variable=Watts
    method: GET
    unit_of_measurement: W
    device_class: energy
    state_class: measurement
    

  - platform: rest
    name: Cilindro- watts
    resource: http://ip_vera:3480/data_request?id=variableget&DeviceNum=DEVICE_N&serviceId=urn:micasaverde-com:serviceId:EnergyMetering1&Variable=Watts
    method: GET
    unit_of_measurement: W
    device_class: energy
    state_class: measurement

my gateway started to give problems! started to restart luup 5/10 min. From the tests I’ve done so far, the problem is in having two sensors! when I delete one of them, whatever it is, luup stops restarting… does anyone know why?

same problem with Fibaro integration on HC2 :frowning:

My Vera is now disconnected and all devices moved to z-wave js mqtt and z-wave USB stick. Some associations not working but manage to set them up with simplicity studio on PC.

I’m waiting for the 700 series bug to be resolved

I worked around this using the vera virtual sensor app, and created Light sensors for the KWH of each of my switches. (the unit in vera is Lux, but who cares)

Then I renamed the entities in HA from eg sensor.um10_energy_775 to sensor.um10_775_energy and added this to my configuration.yaml:

homeassistant:
  customize_glob:
    sensor.*_energy:
      device_class: energy
      unit_of_measurement: kWh
      state_class: total_increasing

this will of course cause all sensors with a name ending with _energy to be affected.

Now I have my energy stuff back in HA.

hopefully there is someone around who can do the proper fix to tha vera code in HA, but at least I am able to breathe again while waiting for that.

Dang. I actually do read them, but missed this one until I discovered my energy readings had stopped working. The reason given of removing the info from the state of the switch “Those attributes should have been separate power and energy sensors instead.” just sucks. Yes, it would have made more sense for the info to be separate, but actively removing it from the existing sensors just makes no sense unless you are the sort of person who has to line up pencils on a desktop, making sure that they are perfectly lined up with the erasers on top. It breaks something that worked and as far as I know was causing no issues, without allowing the people who manage the various integrations time to adjust. So annoying.

I could not agree more!