Update available

I am running 0.50 and for me has.io don’t say there is an update even if 0.50.1 seams to be released

Same here. Someone suggested that there may not yet be an updated hassio image.

I am also occasionally seeing the Update Available icon the the top of my State screen. I noticed that the Hassio update for 0.50 came out several hours after it rolled out elsewhere, so it may be as cogneato suggested or possibly someone hasn’t updated a flag somewhere.

Hi,

I had same notification today.
I just deleted updater component (updater:) from configuration.yaml
And I hope Hass.io will manage updates from now on :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to @pvizeli, .50.0 and .50.1 are equal, there is no actual update, and this is a pip bug. Next update will be .50.2

Ok great thanks for finding that out

As andyp85 asked and yet unanswered:

When 50.2 comes out, how will we update to it from Hass.io?

Update shows in the Hass.io menu in your home assistant

That will be nice. Mine only presented a link for more information, which went to a Home-assistant upgrade page…

I had that at the top of the main ‘States’ screen, which prompted my original question. But now 0.50.2 has been made available it should appear under ‘Hass.io’.

Thanks. Haven’t seen the 50.2 update yet. Looking forward to it.

I am getting an update available to 0.53

But:

core-ssh:~# hassio homeassistant update
Error on homeassistant/update: Version 0.52.1 is already in use

same here

Error on homeassistant/update: Version 0.52.1 is already in use
core-ssh:/home#

I’d guess the sensor is probably polling the core version ie for hassbian users etc. The hass.io tab then presumably checks the correct one as no update is shown there currently.

1 Like

Im getting the same…

This happens with every release. Please see posts above, or Update available in frontend, but no update button

This is not a bug: you just have to be patient.

Hello Everyone
For some reason iam not able to do the upgrade to the latest release in hassio.
Iam at 0.57 and latest one is been around for some time now
Unable to see the update option

Same here: running 0.57.3, the button is showing and I can see from the Home Assistant homepage that 0.58.1 was released 21 nov 2018.

Trying to update from the frontend is not possible and running it with hassio cli returns an error:

$ hassio homeassistant update
Error on homeassistant/update: Version 0.57.3 is already in use

EDIT: seems I missed the notice about someone at the team moving, sorry for my impatience. Running hassio homeassistant update now works.

As the release notes say, the developer is moving and will get to it when they are able.

1 Like

I already posted this in another thread.

You can force the update from the commandline like this:

curl -d '{"version": "0.75"}' http://172.30.32.2/supervisor/update && curl -d '{"version": "0.58.1"}' http://172.30.32.2/homeassistant/update

The reason the update is not available via ui is because they did not update the version.json file yet.

Edit: Keep in mind that there might be reasons for it not to be “live” yet. I haven’t found any problems though.