Update | Problem

This happened to me again (3rd or 4th time?) and I limped along with sporadic freezes and reboots and no updates for several months. I broke down and ordered a fancy new “high endurance” card. The day it was to be delivered, I was tinkering and tried the update a few times and it worked. It’s been running fine ever since. I still haven’t set up the new card, but I do take regular backups when I’m making changes.

I just got caught up with this thread and will be saving this one for next time…

So, you could procrastinate and then order a new card and see what happens :wink:

1 Like

This saved me a bunch of time. Thanks for sharing!

turned it on and off again facepalm

The command typed at the CLI is hassio> su repair you don’t put in the hassio you just type in "su repair " etc…

Same issue here when moving from 0.99.3. Running the repair command worked for me.

Thank you, this worked for me!!

Same issue here with a brand new card with a brand new 3.8 Hassio downloaded 1/24/2020 because I couldn’t upgrade my previous version. Ran su repair with no success. Between emulated Hue issues and now this, I am losing a lot of faith in HA.

“Same issue” needs more clarification. Updating from what version?

I was running Home Assistant 0.98.4 and wanted upgrade my addons (configurator, MQTT, Samba, etc.). The updates would fail with the Server 500 error. I then tried to upgradefrom .98.4 to 0.104.3. This also received the 500 errors. So I got a new card and did a new install of 0.104.3. Any attempt to do an upgrade or install any add-ons, caused the server 500 error.

Pi-Hole anywhere? Have you checked using hassio dns logs or hassio dns info on your instance?

@cogneato - I did figured out what my new install failed to install add-ons. Pilot Error
On my router I had bound an old Pi to the IP address I tried to use for the new Pi. I never did figure out why I could not upgrade my old .98 install that had another IP address and I had been able to do upgrades in the past. I will focus on the new install and use this from now on. Thank you for working with me.

I had the same issues with fresh install of latest hassos_rpi3-3.8.img.gz. Most commands failed with dial tcp 172.30.32.2:80: connection refused and hassos-supervisor logged 500 Server Error: Internal Server Error ("readlink /mnt/data/docker/overlay2/l: invalid argument").

After reformatting and flashing with balenaEtcher a few times I noticed that systemctl status hassos-supervisor reported wrong start dates. The date command always gave the correct date time but the systemctl status said hassos-supervisor was running since 2018. Not sure what that was about or if it is related but it made me restart the supervisors. It then showed the correct start date and the frontend was suddenly reachable.

So basically I did systemctl stop hassos-supervisor and then systemctl start hassos-supervisor and it worked.

For me stopping all demons and then update through the UI has worked.

Had same issue updating 0.106.3 to 0.107.7.
Running Windows 10
VirualBox
Hassio

Deleted Mosquitto broker (hadn’t configured it yet and read it could cause issues)
Still had issues until I ran the
Hassio su repair
command!

Thanks!!!

Sorry meant to say this fixed the
20-03-28 15:46:17 ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:0.107.7 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found ("no such image:
error.

If I need to post this over there I will (the command in this thread fixed that issue though)

404 = disk full. Pretty much always the issue when updating fails.

I read someone specified running df -h and I read that I was at 75% full. I also deleted some addons I wasn’t using before running the su repair so you may be correct.

Doesn’t the update check the disk space prior to downloading the update, to make sure there’s room? I would think it would know how to report a disk full instead of reporting after it tried to find the install.

Now that I type that, what you’re saying makes even more sense. I’d need to recreate with a lot of addons then delete and see if that works to prove it out though.

But hopefully anyone running into that error will read this and have another option to try. Thanks!

You’d think so wouldn’t you.

Got this issue today
20-05-05 00:53:04 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can’t install homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.109.3 -> 404 Client Error: Not Found (“no such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.109.3: No such image: homeassistant/raspberrypi4-homeassistant:0.109.3”).

35% of disk space used only

Currently running version 0.108.9

Which amounts to how many Gb? . You requite 2.5-3x the image size in free space to update.

32Gb flash drive
so, about 20Gb is free

PS after Raspberry reboot it became 30% free