Updates to Konnected Integration

Thanks Kit. I deleted the integration and started over as you specified and it worked ok for a few minutes. I then stopped getting notifications from the sensors and just scrapped the whole YAML config and started over. Now I only have the config done through the UI (no YAML config at all), but I’ll still getting this error:

Logger: homeassistant.core
First occured: 10:45:01 AM (1 occurences)
Last logged: 10:45:01 AM

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 109, in async_init
    result = await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 172, in _async_handle_step
    result: Dict = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/konnected/config_flow.py", line 240, in async_step_ssdp
    user_input={CONF_HOST: netloc[0], CONF_PORT: int(netloc[1])}
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/konnected/config_flow.py", line 269, in async_step_user
    return await self.async_step_confirm()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/konnected/config_flow.py", line 294, in async_step_confirm
    entry.data[CONF_HOST] != self.data[CONF_HOST]
KeyError: 'host'

And still these too. Even with no YAML. Very strange.

Logger: aiohttp.server
First occured: 10:45:24 AM (55 occurences)
Last logged: 10:48:08 AM

Error handling request
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/web_protocol.py", line 418, in start
    resp = await task
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/web_app.py", line 458, in _handle
    resp = await handler(request)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/aiohttp/web_middlewares.py", line 119, in impl
    return await handler(request)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/real_ip.py", line 39, in real_ip_middleware
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/auth.py", line 135, in auth_middleware
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/http/view.py", line 123, in handle
    result = await result
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/konnected/__init__.py", line 417, in put
    return await self.update_sensor(request, device_id)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/konnected/__init__.py", line 308, in update_sensor
    for entry in hass.config_entries.async_entries(DOMAIN)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/konnected/__init__.py", line 308, in <listcomp>
    for entry in hass.config_entries.async_entries(DOMAIN)
KeyError: 'access_token'

Thank you again for your help in getting this resolved, @kit-klein. In case anyone runs across a similar issue, this ended up being a bug related to the fact that I had ignored one of the Konnected boards on my network. (There are 3). Ignoring one of them created an invalid entry in core.config_entries which was causing the issues with the other two Konnected boards.

It sounds like Kit is going to get a fix for the ignore bug into 107.

Thanks again!

Thanks for being an early tester @ryanm7780. I’ve been following this, because I have a Konnected interface module (wish I had bought more before they sold out) that is critical for most of my light automations using wired contact and motion sensors. It works great!

When the final version rolls out, does it require you to know the port of the Konnected board? My understanding was that it changes for security reasons. I ran a port scan on my board to find it, so I can do that if required, but hopefully it detects it.

The old interface board is working so well, I will probably plan on upgrading to the new board and interface modules when available.

It actually detected everything for me and I had very little configuration to do. The new GUI-based config works great, but I’ll probably still keep everything in YAML, just because I like being able to version things that way, etc.

And I 100% agree with you. I have three Konnected boards and couldn’t be happier with them. I’m excited for the new Pro model to ship. It’ll be great to have hard-wired ether and PoE.

1 Like

I update HA Core to 0.106.0 earlier today and immediately started running into problems with the Konnected integration. The only mention of to Konnected in the release notes appears to apply to beta branch but there are breaking changes in the released version that are not well explained or documented.

First, I found that I had to go through the forced new config and options flow. Then I found some lost functionality with this approach as I could only set up one type of switch for a buzzer. In the old YAML configuration you could set up multiple switches on the same zone (e…g, beep once, beep twice, beep continuous). I don’t know how to get these features back up and running. Have reverted to 0.105.5 for now but it seems like more work needs to be done before these changes are published.

I just upgraded from 105.5 to 106, and everything went smoothly for me. I did get a notice that new devices were detected, and that led me to the new Konnected integration. It prompted me for both my IP address and the port number of the Konnected board. I keep track of all of my IP addresses, and I did a port scan to locate the port, so I was able to enter both, and the integration added all of my devices.

For those with Macs, there is a built-in port scanner:
Press Command-Spacebar to bring up Spotlight and enter “Network Utility”. Press Return to launch the Network Utility:

Choose the Port Scan tab, Enter the IP address of the Konnected board, and click Scan.

This should find one open port and will be the one needed to setup the integration.

the konnected team made the changes, so i would suggest you work with them to find out what is wrong

@sbowater I think you may have exploited an unexpected feature in the old configuration.yaml. If you DM me your old configuration.yaml I’ll look into what’s going on and see how we can help.

Hi there, I have just connected my Konnected board and have obviously been caught in the middle of a major change with the home assistant integration and hence I am having extreme difficulty setting up the board.
When can we expect updated documentation on how to set up and configure home assistant with Konnected ?
I have the board wired, connected to my router and discovered in home assistant but am now lost on whether and what to add to config.yaml etc. Help !!!

The card showed both sensors closed and when I opened one door both sensors showed open. Now I am confused !

@MikerBiker this thread has a lot of helpful info

With the latest updates you no longer need to use configuration.yaml. Everything can be configured through the UI.

You also want to ensure your konnected devices are running the latest firmware. If they aren’t - I suggest deleting any configured Konnected integrations thru the UI, updating the firmware, and then re-adding them using the process linked above.

@kit-klein @heythisisnate
So it appears I’m stuck in a boot loop since upgrading. How should I go about updating the firmware? thanks!

See: https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000023470-flashing-konnected-firmware-software

Upgrading was simple and worked for me, except for one area. I use the konnected interface board with Vista which uses specific and varying time delays in the momentary switches arm and disarm the system.

Until now, I’ve been able to create different software definitions of the switches inside homeassistant without having to dedicate a zone and a relay on the konnected board. See “out” switch in my konnected.yaml below.

access_token: !secret konnected_token
  api_host: !secret konnected_api_host 
  devices:
    - id: !secret konnected_Panel1_id
      discovery: false
      host: !secret konnected_Panel1_Host
      port: !secret konnected_Panel1_Port
      binary_sensors:
        - zone: 1
          type: light
          name: 'Armed Red'
          inverse: true
        - zone: 2
          type: door
          name: 'Garage Entry'
        - zone: 3
          name: 'Sliding Door'
        - zone: 4
          type: motion
          name: 'Foyer Motion'
        - zone: 5
          name: 'Front Entry'
        - zone: 6
          type: light
          name: 'Ready Green'
          inverse: true
      switches: 
        - zone: out
          name: 'Arm Home'
          momentary: 3000
          name: 'Arm Away'
          momentary: 1000
          name: 'Disarm'
          momentary: 1000

It looks like I’ve lost that ability with the upgrade / GUI. Any option to allow this type of configuration with the GUI. I’ve tried to just continue using the yaml but causes issues.

@dave-parsons There is a known issue right in 0.106 with multiple entities on the same zone (i.e. different buzzer/beep patterns) that we are looking into how to address via the UI config. I recommend you stay on 0.105 for now if this is a critical feature for your setup.

Here’s a link to the issue if you want to keep tabs on it.

I have recently upgraded to 0.108 and noticed that the new functionality is available in that release. Thanks for making this feature available again!

Not directly related, but I am curious, should I see one integration with three devices or three integrations each with one device?

You’ll see one integration for each device

Got it, thanks!