Updating Google Assistant with new zwave devices

I’m still in the process of setting up Home Assistant for the first time. After successfully adding an Aeotec Zstick and one lamp switch module I went and configured the Google Assistant component. Following the instructions on that component’s hass page everything worked and I can now turn that one lamp switch on and off with a voice command.

I’ve since added a number of other zwave switches, but they don’t yet show up in Google Assistant. Going to Settings -> Home control -> Devices I can see the first lamp switch, my Nest thermostats, some Chromecasts, etc, basically everything that I had set up before configuring Google Assistant in hass. But none of the recently added devices are present.

Is there an easy way to force a refresh?

No. You must currently unlink then relink account in Google Assistant app to refresh devices.

There is Pull request to add this feature to HA.

Does that mean starting from step 1 on the Google Assistant component page?

No, you can do it simply from the Google app.

1. Open the Google-app
  2. Enter Settings under Google Assistant
  3. Enter Services > Home control
  4. Press the three dots in the top right corner (overflow menu) and select Manage Accounts.
  5. Press your account and select unlink
  6. Then add it again, it should be available from the top of the services.
  7. Do your room-config again if you need it… sigh.

I think I’ve read somewhere that this is not needed anymore, although you have to call a service, don’t remember which, sorry. I’ll try to find the thread.

Here: