Updating HA/Hass.io, checking for available versions and managing updates

Yes. I have snapshots automatically created at 3am every morning.

I realize this is an old topic but I am a bit confused over Version vs Release. I was running happily along with 0.84 on my Pi 3B+ with recent snapshots so I could get back to the same working place (Silly me for not getting it off the SD card.)

My SD card flat out died 3 days ago and I have all my yaml files on my computer but I have no idea where the snapshot files were and thought I’d get to it soon… I could read the SD card, but not write it so I made a copy (both file copy and img file). I put in a spare SD card and put the image back but no joy. It get’s further during the boot process but lots of FS errors.

So I realized I needed to build the whole system again and since it was running great at 0.84, I would start there and get that image file. Except there is no image for that version. I looked at the creation date of the files on my file copy and it was Dec of 2018. So I went to the downloads page and the closest dated release image I see is release 1.13 (not 0.84).

So while I think this is probably the correct release, I have zero confidence that it contains Hassio 0.84.Can someone cross reference releases with Hassio versions?

P.S. I don’t want to go to the latest release because I don’t know if all my addins like Alexa tts service will still work and I would like to upgrade in a controlled fashion.

Thanks in advance.