Upgrade Python 3.5.3 to 3.7.3 successfully but HA still shows Python 3.5.3

I just upgrade Python 3.5.3 to 3.7.3 successfully but HA still shows Python 3.5.3 in “System Health” , Why?. I have checked the version (Python3 --version) and the answer is Python 3.7.3
There is someone who can help me with this?

Did you update your main python version or the one within the python virtual environment?

What steps did you take to update python?

Just used the instructions posted here by @anon34565116 a couple of hours ago and HA reporting Python 3.7.3

I did the following:

sudo apt-get

install -y build-essential tk-dev libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev libreadline6-
dev libdb5.3-dev libgdbm-dev libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libbz2-dev libexpat1-dev liblzma-
dev zlib1g-dev libffi-dev

wget https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.7.2/Python-3.7.2.tgz

sudo tar zxf Python-3.7.2.tgz
cd Python-3.7.2
sudo ./configure
sudo make -j 4
sudo make install

Later have installed Python 3.7.3 in the same way.

I’am a beginner in this mather.

I had to rebuild a new virtual env with Python 3.73 and install a fresh HA and all the dependancies. I copied my config directory and ran HA and it installed most of the dependancies, some I had to kill HA (I ran in terminal first run) and pip3 install what ever had problems.

And you messed up the version installed on your OS. Notice I did a sudo make altinstall. to avoid that.

Sorry, in fact I wrot that “sudo make altinstall”

Try installing with sudo pip3.7 install --upgrade homeassistant.
If you are already at the current version: use sudo pip3.7 install --upgrade homeassistant==0.XX.X to return to any version.
One thing I also figured is that the default python configuration does not include sqlalchemy. You have to install sqllite first, sudo apt install libsqlite3-dev.
Then use the:
sudo ./configure --enable-loadable-sqlite-extensions command for configuration. Other then that, it is quite straight forward. I don’t use venv by the way.

1 Like