Upgrade to 0.55.0 Ikea Tradfri not working anymore

I can confirm that this works. I only had to add

allow_tradfri_groups: False

to my configuration.yaml file to prevent ‘group’ errors.

@skeptizzle @danyo
I also can confirm that Transitions are working on hass.io 0.55 @ RPI3 but transitions are only working for light turn_on command.

1 Like

I have just reinstalled using the latest Hassbian 1.31 and now my Tradfri works with the additional functions and info.

Thanks

Yes, this works for me as well after installing the latest version of Hasbian. (No need for the other steps above when using this latest version of Hasbian with hass-0.55).

Note that compiling and setting up can take up to 40 minutes (just so people know you have to be patient).

Trying the new hassbian as well but run into a strange error :(.

I think I got hassbian working now (I ignored the errors and continued with copying over my config files).

So now I have a sensor.tradfri_motion_sensor in Hass.
But I don’t see any change in attributes/status when motion is detected.
Anyone know how we can receive this?

I have a sensor.tradfri_remote_control showing the battery %. Can you do anything else with the remote now?

Hi Stimo,

It depends. I think you can just keep using the remote in parallel to home assistant if you prefer. Homeassistant keeps track of the state as well ( i.e. if you switch with the remote, hass will know).For the rest I only see ‘60%’ battery ( for my newly purchased remote…).

But there is no useful information coming from the remote itself as far as I know, if that is what you are asking.

Alex.

I meant using the remote to control things there HASS

Anyone upgraded to 0.55.1? Tradfri still working? (Rasbian Stretch + Virtual environment + workaround from @rubyan)

wait… there is an update? I’ll check this evening and will report back.

Update to 0.55.1 went OK. Tradfri is still working.
Transition time has also been fixed; ‘transition’ => 10 is now 10 seconds instead of 1.

Does transition work also for turn_off?

Unfortunately not. But you can use turn_on with a transition to brightness: 0 instead.

Yeah, but then, when turning the light back on it is set to the lowest brightness possible (above 0).

I got it working but it needs some polish.

So now I have a sensor.tradfri_motion_sensor in Hass.
But I don’t see any change in attributes/status when motion is detected.
Anyone know how we can receive this?

Battery sensor

Hi Guys,

Starting from today without any update i get this error:

2017-10-31 20:32:13 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tradfri.py”, line 61, in configuration_callback
DEFAULT_ALLOW_TRADFRI_GROUPS)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/tradfri.py”, line 125, in _setup_gateway
api = yield from api_factory(host, key, loop=hass.loop)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 152, in api_factory
yield from request(Command(‘get’, [‘status’]))
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 117, in request
result = yield from _execute(api_commands)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 109, in _execute
api_command.result = _process_output(res, parse_json)
File “/srv/homeassistant/homeassistant_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pytradfri/api/aiocoap_api.py”, line 176, in _process_output
return json.loads(output)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/json/init.py”, line 319, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/json/decoder.py”, line 339, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/json/decoder.py”, line 357, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError(“Expecting value”, s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

Did someone experience the same?

Thanks

Nik

1 Like

Did your IKEA gateway get updated today? There is a known issue with the new update that the developers are working on as we speak.