Upgrade to 0.60

I have upgraded from version 0.58.1 to version 0.60, and in the info screen I still see version 0.58.1
I followed the instructions on https://home-assistant.io/docs/installation/virtualenv/ for the virtual environment.
Where did I make a mistake?

It sounds like you didn’t actually activate the virtual environment and/or you ran the commands as a user other than homeassistant

I ran it this way:
(homeassistant) pi@raspberrypi:~/homeassistant $ python3 -m pip install --upgrade homeassistant

Do you run HA as pi?

If you’re unsure, how did you install Home Assistant? Hassbian, the old All in One installer, or something else?

Did you restart Home Assistant?

Yes. I restart HA this way:
sudo systemctl stop home-assistant@homeassistant
sudo systemctl start home-assistant@homeassistant

I have instaled HA in virtual environment https://home-assistant.io/docs/installation/virtualenv/

I’m going to assume you mean “I installed it manually”

Aha!

You are running it as homeassistant - that is why your upgrade failed. Do the following:

sudo chown -R homeassistant /srv/homeassistant

That will fix any broken file access caused by using the wrong user, then:

sudo su -s /bin/bash homeassistant
  source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
  pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant

If your venv is somewhere other than /srv/homeassistant/ then replace that in the above.

1 Like

I did all steps as you recomend and now HA doesnt work anymore.

Log:
2018-01-03 09:24:06 ERROR (SyncWorker_3) [homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package home-assistant-frontend==20171216.0: Exception:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/shutil.py”, line 538, in move
os.rename(src, real_dst)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Operace zamĂ­tnuta: ‘/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hass_frontend/.DS_Store’ -> ‘/tmp/pip-cwk6_aa9-uninstall/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hass_frontend/.DS_Store’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/basecommand.py”, line 215, in main
status = self.run(options, args)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/commands/install.py”, line 342, in run
prefix=options.prefix_path,
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/req/req_set.py”, line 778, in install
requirement.uninstall(auto_confirm=True)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/req/req_install.py”, line 754, in uninstall
paths_to_remove.remove(auto_confirm)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/req/req_uninstall.py”, line 115, in remove
renames(path, new_path)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pip/utils/init.py”, line 267, in renames
shutil.move(old, new)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/shutil.py”, line 553, in move
os.unlink(src)
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Operace zamĂ­tnuta: ‘/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/hass_frontend/.DS_Store’
2018-01-03 09:24:06 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Not initializing frontend because could not install dependency home-assistant-frontend==20171216.0
2018-01-03 09:24:06 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for frontend: Could not install all requirements.
2018-01-03 09:24:19 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.time_date
2018-01-03 09:24:20 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.mqtt
2018-01-03 09:24:20 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Setting up sensor.mqtt

Operace zamĂ­tnuta = Operation rejected/denied

Can you share your systemd startup scripts (/etc/systemd/system/[email protected])

The way you’re starting HA says that the user should be homeassistant. Either you’ve modified the script to use another account, or you’re not really using it.

[Unit]
Description=Home Assistant
After=network.target influxd.service
Wants=influxd.service

[Service]
Type=simple
User=hass
ExecStartPre=source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
ExecStart=/srv/homeassistant/bin/hass -c “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant”
Restart=on-failure

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

:man_facepalming:

Ok:

sudo chown -R hass /srv/homeassistant

Then try again

You may also want to rename the service file to just home-assistant.service.

Now, HA starts in correct version 0.60, thanks.

But there is an another issue with influxdb:
2018-01-03 11:38:42 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.components.influxdb] Database host is not accessible due to ‘’, please check your entries in the configuration file (host, port, etc.) and verify that the database exists and is READ/WRITE
2018-01-03 11:38:45 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for influxdb: Component failed to initialize.

influxdb:
host: localhost
port: 8086
database: home_assistant_new2
username: xxxxx
password: xxxx

I’m guessing there was more of the error there. Maybe a line or two before, and probably more in there Database host is not accessible due to ‘’ looks to have been edited - see this forum post for what I’d expect.

The database is running?

I restarted HA once again and now it seems all running ok, thanks for your help.

Just on small erorr - Timer got out of sync. Resetting

That’s a warning, and it’s normal

ok, thanks.

Please help me with this error:
ERROR:homeassistant.components.influxdb:Database host is not accessible due to ‘’, please check your entries in the configuration file (host, port, etc.) and verify that the database exists and is READ/WRITE

HA running but it doesnt save data to database.

Petr