UPS - Safely shutdown HA and remote OMV

Hi all,
I have 2 mini-pc, one with HomeAssistant and the other one with OMV6 (used as a NAS, Frigate, Influxdb, etc…).
I have attached an UPS to HA and I’d like to manage a safe shutdown of both servers when, after a blackout, the battery level is reaching 0% (mostly <10%).
Is there any way to shutdown both servers ?
That it would mean remotely connect to OMV6 (I think via ssh), run a script to shutdown it, then shutdown HA server where the automation is running.
Any idea or suggestion ?

thanks a lot!!!

What is the make and model of the UPS?

hey @MaxK it is a TEcnoware ERA PLUS 1500… and I have already configure it in HA

thanks

This thread has some info on sending SSH commands to a remote machine:

And you can use the host_shutdown service to shutdown your local machine.

yeah I read in some thread but how to shutdown before the other (NAS) server ?
thanks

I think you may be approaching it wrong,

All NAS have support for UPS and can shutdown when the UPS reports low battery. There should be a configuration screen for this.

There are two components involved typically a NUT server and a NUT client. NUT clients can connect to a NUT server that is either running locally or on another server.

So you could either run the NUT server on your NAS (and plug the UPS usb into it) and then config it to shutdown. Or run the NUT server as an HA Addon and have the NAS NUT client talk to it.

thank you @PeteRage … I have exactly just adopted this solution: plug the UPS into the NAS (OMV) and then connect HA to it.

Thank you so much!

1 Like