Use Calendar to update entities

Hello,
I’m looking for an easy way to update entities using some kind of calendar or schedular.
My use case in this example.
I wan’t to activate the heating tomorrow morning at 8. I can write an automation.
But Iet’s say my wife wants to active the heating.
I tried the local calendar

but that one does not allow me to update entities.
and the schedule helper I have to preconfigure myself. It’s not something my wife can do.

So my question is,
are there any solutions for what I want to do?

For us to give you suggestions that apply to your situation, you need to give us more information…

How do your devices and automations work together? Remember, there are more than 1000 integrations and thousands of devices that work with Home Assistant…

It’s not really clear what you want to do. What is the goal?

What does she need to be able to do? What inputs methods are available to her? What are the limitations…?

ok,
I will try to explain.
I have a generic thermostat like this

climate:
  - platform: generic_thermostat
    name: Thermostaat woonkamer voor
    heater: input_boolean.heater_living_room_front
    target_sensor: sensor.temp_kamer_voor_temperature
    away_temp: 7
    cold_tolerance: 0.1
    hot_tolerance: 0.1
    target_temp_step: 0.5

actually I have multiple, but let’s just use this one as an example. Based on the “heater” boolean, my automtaions know exactly what to enable.

but now I want to set the temp tomorrow ar 8:00 at 20 degrees. And I want to be able to to this without having to write an automation on the spot.
Maybe I can write one to prepare some stuff. but in the end it shoudl be easy usable.

So I was thinking about some schedule where without any code writing an entity value could be changed.
somthing like this

but then I should be able to select an entity and also set a value.

Now I’m actaully thinking about using this calendar, create an automation based on summary or calendar and dynamically read the description as value.

But then what if the subscription isn’t nummeric? and also, I think maybe more people have encountered this specific issue.

The limition of my wife is that she can’t write automations.

now I created an automation like this

alias: CV planner
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: calendar
    event: start
    offset: "0:0:0"
    entity_id: calendar.verwarming_kamer
condition: []
action:
  - service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      temperature: "{{ trigger.calendar_event.summary | float }}"
    target:
      entity_id: climate.thermostaat_woonkamer_voor
mode: single

which sets the temp, but I think it should be easier or better to do this.

HVAC control can become complicated quickly since there are often competing control mechanisms at play.

Now that you have a basic automation to turn calendar events into temperature settings, you can combine a couple helpers and scripts with a dashboard card to make it easier to quickly create new events. Here is a basic example card:

Make sure to given equal or greater consideration to when a certain trigger should not lead to the execution of specific actions. You will likely need to include specific conditions in your automation to choose when to use an existing schedule vs. a manually added event.

thanks,
I took your advise,
now I have an input field, It never occurred to me to crate such functionality