Use MCP23017

Hi there,
i have some boards in my home network that have an integrated MCP23017.
With the new update, the entities from it didn’t work anymore and I found another topic where someone had the same problem.

So now I know that the MCP23017 is no longer supported. And that it might still be usable through custom integrations. But where do I get the custom integrations from?

My home network with light, air conditioning, etc. is down, nothing works anymore.

How do I get the MPC23017 back as entities, there must be a way?

(I can’t understand this Home Assistant Revolution either)

I don’t know how you have installed HA, but for my Core install in VENV, I would find a copy of the MCP23017 component, here is a link (if it works) to one I pulled in Jan, core/homeassistant/components/mcp23017 at dev · Kdemontf/core · GitHub So put the mcp23017 folder, with the four files in it, in a folder in your congifuration folder, called custom_integrations. Then restart HA, it should pull it in if everything is still compatible. If you have trouble there is a few mentions of how to do this here (TLDR) as well. Removal of GPIO support - #27 by Reena

You can install HA-mcp23017 custom_integration for mcp23017 (thru HACS or manually, see instructions).