Use of zwave / set_config_parameter in home assistant

Fallback, but it’d work - Create a bash script and use cURL to access the API call. You’ll have to create a script for each version of the sound you’d like.

Good suggestion! I guess this is with the command line switch? Did not use this yet.

shell_command

I have an automation like this:

- alias: Set Doorbell Volume to 1
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_select.doorbell_volume
      to: '1 - Quietest'
  action:
    service: zwave.set_config_parameter
    data_template: {
      "node_id": 20,
      "parameter": 8,
      "value": 1
      }

- alias: Set Doorbell Volume to 2
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: input_select.doorbell_volume
      to: '2'
  action:
    service: zwave.set_config_parameter
    data_template: {
      "node_id": 20,
      "parameter": 8,
      "value": 2
      }

This is how I am setting default parameters for my ZW056 Doorbell from the HA webpage using an input select. Works great, but this is a plug in device and unsure how responsive any battery powered device would be.

Hope it helps!

5 Likes

@lordsiris Very nice! Thanks you! My Siren is a ZW-089 from the same brand (also plugin) so should work similar. Still in the original packaging, this is a good reason to test it.

I encountered the problem at the start of this thread. haas was crashing when I set parameter 5 to a value of 2 on a Multisensor 6. The issue seems to be that openzwave configures parameter as a list, not a byte. A patch to your zwcfg along these lines will fix it:

<                               <Value type="byte" genre="config" instance="1" index="5" label="Command Options" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="1" max="2" value="2">
---
>                               <Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="5" label="Command Options" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="1" max="2" vindex="0" size="1">

@Tyfoon Did you get the Aeon Siren to work with different sounds in an automation?

I am considering buying it to use as both an alarm and a doorbell so the multiple sounds would be ideal.

@skptic Actually never tested this. Just use it as a siren (very loud by the way) with one sound and did not get around implementing the other stuff.

I think I am nearly there with the set_config_parameter in the Aeotec Siren.

In theory it should work as described here but I seem to be stuck with something on the HA side of things.