Use Tuya or Local Tuya

I got it sorted by an extension. Now on local will be ok as long as I don’t change names of the device

Trial is now 1 month then you will have to pay.

Not sure weather you start again with new email?

1 Like

I’m at this point but can’t for the life of me figure out how to sign up for a subscription! Such an awful website. Any chance someone has a link to what I would need to subscribe to for the basic integration of some light switches which are currently integrated through Tuya cloud?

Thanks!

Follow this link for instructions on how to move on.

Apply for the Trial. Thus you wont get charged.

1 Like

With the latest esphome relase many (all?) tuya wifi device are now officially supported (realtek and beken based) and these type of devices can be completely owned :muscle:

I bought 2 thermostats from 2 different vendors. Both include the WBR3 module which is not (yet?) supported by ESPHome. Usually you do not know what’s inside a tuya device until you open it.
https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/wbr3-module-datasheet?id=K9dujs2k5nriy
I’m using tuya-local right now which fully supports this device.

Correct, they are listed as unsupported for now :confused:

Hello I did all the steps and the device " Gas sensor" is added and i got all the entities that i need. yet i cannot use them for automation. Where you able to overcome this ?

That sounds like a problem in your automation

Do you have issues with devices becoming unavailable? Drives me crazy… All devices have good Wifi coverage and are available without fail in the Tuya Smart app.

However in HA (tested on both Tuya Local and the official Tuya Integration) some of them go offline.

Given its multiple devices I have discarded the device itself being an issue. Device here bring RBGWW GU10 lightbulbs and outdoor RGB LED lights.

Yes I still have some go unavailable for short periods of time, but I find this happens with some other integrations too (ie. non-Tuya integrations). The local-tuya go unavailable less often and for a shorter duration. However, since I don’t much use the UI to control devices, I’ve never had it impact me. I feel that if a local tuya device is unavailable it can still be controlled with a service call, but I have no concrete proof. Obviously you can’t control it thru the UI, as that gets disabled.

1 Like

You could also try to set the “update interval” , on those Devices, as one reason for it to appear offline/unavailable, could be that it doesn’t update it self, or often enough, your settings in your could maybe also be “trimmed” , i.e if you have to short setting for when a Wifi device should be considered/reported unavailable.
IF it happens often for 1 specific Device, go to your Tuya Integration, click Configure, choose Edit Device, pick Device, Change settings for Update-Interval, set to i.e 30Seconds

1 Like

Has anyone been able to control the Elvita robot vacuum cleaner using Tuya Remote - or similar Tuya cloud independent techniques?

Just as a recent observation I have witnessed that Tuya products that were isolated from internet via a firewall rule were not fully working locally after all.

Example of smart plugs model SP22 : when firewalled and integrated via Local Tuya, the relay can still be controlled locally, but the sensors (current, power, voltage) are not updated after a while.

You remove the firewall rule, they catch up immediately and report sensor values again.

Personally I’m tired of these unpredictable and ever-changing Tuya products and I am progressively switching to Shelly products, when money allows, and they are so much better in term of remote/local control (among many many other advantages - quality, innovation, made in Europe, etc.).

I had once an extended internet failure at home and all Shelly products continued to work flawlessly, unlike the Tuya ones, despite the good efforts of the Local Tuya integration.

Just a personal observation over a few years of running HA with a mix of these products.

1 Like

I agree, not only are they not truly local, but Tuya keep changing the local key and then it falls over. It is a pity because the Deta/Tuya products are well made and good value. They are using the WB3S module, it can be flashed with OpenBeken and then controlled with MQTT. For me this is perfect. Rather than spend money changing the Tuya devices you could think of buying a decent soldering station and flash them with OpenBeken. I like Shelly too but for some things like power sockets Tuya is so much neater.

1 Like