Using an entity's friendly_name as title for lovelace picture elements card?

I’m not sure how I can use a friendly name variable to title an entity in lovelace.

For example, if I have a switch config:

- platform: template
  switches:
    check_enabled:
        friendly_name: FRIENDLY NAME

How could I make “FRIENDLY NAME” the title in a lovelace picture elements card?
for example, I’ve tried this in ui-lovelace.yaml (doesn’t work):

- entity: switch.check_enabled
   title: {{ switch.check_enabled.friendly_name }}

Any help is appreciated.

You can do it by using this:

Having said that, the friendly name is unlikely to change. Why do you want to template the title rather than just specifying the text that wont cahnge?

For example:

I have 7 entities that reference one switch entity (such as, say, 7 unique timers that reference a single entity). I would like them to use its friendly_name, so if I ever need to change its friendly_name, I only need to change its variable at the source, rather than having to parse the ui yaml for the 7 entity titles or using find/replace.

It makes it much quicker and cleaner in case things are modified.

Then the templater card is what you need. I still think this is rather unlikely though:

I could think of a few situations - typos, hardware changes, descriptive changes etc.

I’m not sure how I’d implement the templater card, my entities are currently within a fairly complex picture-elements card. I’m just trying to do as much simplification as possible. Based on your answer, I’ll assume that hass doesn’t have a built-in way to pull these kind of variables through the lovelace ui. I’ll just have to use find/replace any time there’s a change.