Using Apple Home App (w Ring Cameras)

Hi,

I have a HA instance along with Ring cameras. (The Ring were all integrated prior to HA so replacing the cameras with different hardware is not an option.) I’ve never been able to get the Ring cameras streaming in HA but nevertheless. I’d like to start using Apple Home app for the majority of our interface with lights, switches, etc. And I’d love if I can get my Ring cameras in there.

What would you all recommend is the path of least resistance to getting a nice level of functionality in Apple Home app with Ring cameras. We’d like to stream camera feeds and get notifications when the Ring doorbell is pressed.

Any other tips on getting things integrated into Apple home app is appreciated. It’ll just be easier for my wife and rest of family to use the Apple home app.

TY!

You

If you are not interested in Ring and HA and only interested in Ring and Apple HomeKit, you can use HomeBridge.

If the Ring cameras are HomeKit friendly, I’d try bringing them into HA (HomeKit Device integration), then feed them to HK with the Homekit Bridge integration.

I wouldn’t expect the video into HK to be just as easy to get set up (very novice user here, mind you). I haven’t had the pleasure or experience with HA and what’s possible yet, to know better than to just try it and see. [shrug]

FWIW :upside_down_face:

Since posting this, I’ve seen the new dashboard UI HA has released and is beta testing and super happy about it. I’m going to stick with HA and build some cool dashboards. So, I’m back to how to get Ring Camera feeds and get the most functionality into HA using Ring. Any ideas?

I have my Ring doorbell camera in HA using the standard Ring integration (but I do believe you need a Ring subscription for it to work). You can save video, but no live feeds.

For live streaming, a quick google search found this: