USPS authentication failed

Have you included sensors.yaml in your configuration.yaml?

Yes and all other sensors are working

What do you get if you run /local/usps/check-mail.py letters in a terminal?

No such file or directory. just to clarify I have placed the .py file in my main home assistant config under the www folder

In a terminal, go into the directory you’ve placed the check-mail.py file, and type pwd, then use that as the base path for the command parameter in the sensor.

Not sure what the issue was but tried again today and all is working! Awesome work around thank you!

It appears copying the raw data and pasting it did not format right possibly as saving your file directly to my folder location then changing the username and password made it respond in terminal but still does not show in dev-states

Great Job Added and worked right away… except yahoo expected INBOX to be Inbox… I see in your code you have scanned images… Is that able to be retrieved?

It’s possible to pull them out of the email, but I’m not sure how to make them available to HASS via a command line sensor.

Cordinating with @skalavala THE AWESOME He modified the code and got pictures and everything. I have it running with his first version he has since made a service out of it and made it mqtt. https://blog.kalavala.net/usps/homeassistant/mqtt/2018/01/12/usps.html

WIthout Your ideas this may Have Never Happened Thanks @arychj

1 Like