USPS Mail Camera

No problem, I’ve been there when I’ve thought my whole HomeAssistant install is nuked. I’d bet, if you rolled used hassctl and did a hassctl kill && hassctl start you’d be in a better position to see if it’s not working correctly.

Failing that, hassctl kill && hassctl start after changing your config back, you’ll probably be up and running at least.

I reversed what I did to get mail image and HASS came back, without my USPS sensor though.

Thanks for the help.

No problem! Now that you’re stable, you can break it again :wink: That’s the fun (also, back your stuff up).

For sure.
Thanks.

Any idea how to get back the previous USPS Sensor?

So, I gave this a second shot and now get the following, any ideas?

2017-07-26 16:21:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component usps
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 190, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 388, in __iter__
    yield self  # This tells Task to wait for completion.
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py", line 286, in _wakeup
    value = future.result()
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/futures.py", line 277, in result
    raise self._exception
  File "/usr/lib/python3.4/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 54, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/usps.py", line 45, in setup
    conf = config[DOMAIN]
KeyError: 'usps'
2017-07-26 16:21:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to setup dependencies of sensor.usps. Setup failed for dependencies: usps
2017-07-26 16:21:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform sensor.usps: Could not setup all dependencies.

Can you post your config sections for the sensor.usps and the usps component? Make sure you remove any personal info.

In sensors.yaml:
- platform: usps
name: ‘USPS’
username: xxxxxxx
password: xxxxxxx

In configuration.yaml:
usps:
name: Mail Images
interval: 10

The component was setup as described here:

@mezz64

Did a full reboot, everything seems to have loaded properly, but still no USPS Sensor, and nothing in the Log.

Remove the entry from the sensors.yaml. It is no longer needed.

:+1::+1::+1: G2G

Thanks.

You might want to use the markdown code block like this

``` 

Your Text

```

it helps spot weirdness in spacing or something like that. That said…

1. I haven’t used this component at all personally, I’ve been following it and the other USPS MyChoice thread because to the weird pickle file problem that I’m hoping will stop being annoying.
  2. Not sure why you are using anything in sensors.yaml - I base this comment on this post here

So I would remove your entry in sensors.yaml

In sensors.yaml:
- platform: usps
name: 'USPS’

In your configuration.yaml, aside from making sure it’s formatted right, and I bet it is, I’d remove the name + interval fields, add it later when it’s working, they are optional.

So, in configuration.yaml, something like:

usps:

I see the camera name would more than likely change by date
“camera.mail_images_mail_20170726”

How would I display it when it changes?

Thanks, got it working.

Should just be changing the friendly name, not the entity name, but I’ll double check. May have to remove that part.

My USPS component doesn’t seem to update?

I still have 4 mail items coming for today - although this was yesterday and today there was no mail…

And the pics are also from yesterday :frowning:

Check under dev-state, does it show camera.mail_images_mail_20170725?

May need a daily manual restart to re-check images?

Yes still says _20170725 :frowning:

So I can’t use the mail images anywhere in groups because the name is different every day??

That’s what it appears to be at the moment.

@mezz64 is working on it.

OK thanks. I guess I missed this part earlier in this thread :wink: