USPS setup

I am trying to follow these instructions;
https://github.com/moralmunky/HomeAssistant_Mail_Card
My first question is can anyone confirm or deny that this still currently works? i know ive read articles in the past saying that any integration for USPS is broken.
Secondly, I am completely lost when the article talks about packages… Yes ive gone to to the link that helps explains packages. Can someone just tell me what exactly needs to be done for this portion of the setup?

any progress? Im also thinking about adding this component.

Use this instead:

Custom component :wink:

The part i am unsure of is when the directions talk about adding this:

packages: !include_dir_named includes/packages

If you are using the component, you don’t need to use the package.

I have the packages folder and the file in my HASS config directory. Idk if it’s needed (but it does have an automation I run so… /shrug I keep it.

when i try starting the service i get this.
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/homeassistant_mail_check.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Fri 2019-09-27 22:41:56 UTC; 2s ago
Process: 28852 ExecStart=/srv/homeassistant/bin/python3 /usr/share/hassio/homeassistant/includes/mail.py (code=exited, status=217/USER)

Don’t use the service, only use the custom component that’s all that’s needed.

Look like you didn’t add the custom card resource to your lovelace UI config.

And you have the files in the www directory?

that is correct.

Im also getting this in my log
Component error: packages - Integration packages not found.

All you need is the custom component, it will add sensors then you can add them to any lovelace card you like. You’ll need to configure it via yaml.

Check this thread: