V.77 and NGINX Proxy add-on

I’ve been happily using the NGINX BestLibre addon (https://github.com/bestlibre/hassio-addons). Ever since upgrading to v.77 and the new auth system, my NGINX stopped working. I have no issues logging in locally using my private IP, but remotely I can’t. I get a “403: Forbidden”.

Any idea how that can be fixed? I suspect I will have to wait for an update from the library owner to implement something like this: https://blog.ceard.tech/2018/08/turbulence-ahead-fasten-your-seatbelt.html

Any insights? Thanks!

Anyone? @bestlibre ?

I am in the same boat anyone know what to do?

This post was released along with 0.77.
Worth a try

Thanks, that link was posted in the first post above. But there is nothing I can do with this information since I can’t change the add-on. Well, I guess I could do my own add-on…

why dont you just sentup nginx/letesncrypt as docker. Just follow the guide I wrote here.

The above can’t be done in HASS.io of course. But thanks anyway.

If you’re running hass on a docker in ubuntu or similar you can set this up.

Mine is broken as well using hsssio, anyone any ideas?

Looks like we have no choice but to replace that add-on with something else. The owner @bestlibre is not even responding. Too bad.

Sorry for the (too long) delay. I’m currently moving between two houses and home assistant is not running anymore. I have internet back since yesterday. I will look at this ASAP.

Ah, okay… Thanks!

@bestlibre Any luck with this as of yet?

My raspberry pi is still in a box. I will look at the link in the first post and try a blind fix… Sorry for the delay

I have looked at the post and other docs and it is not really clear to me. Can any of you guys share your nginx add-on configuration ?

Also, can someone test with my caddy add-on?

I don’t think my system will be running before the end of next week at the shortest. Sorry again.

Seems like a simple line in the code:

NGINX

On NGINX you add the following to the location section(s) of your configuration:

proxy_set_header x-ha-access “yourPasswordHere”;

But I don’t know how the password gets sent from the HASS configuration to NGINX. Maybe another parameter (ie. password) is needed in the add-on configuration so that the variable is passed on to NGINX…

I have pushed a new version which will hopefully fix the problem. There is a new option in the addon configuration, x-ha-access to hold your password.

Since my pi is still in a box, can some one try and give me a feed back on this ?

Thanks

I updated the add-on and everything is back now. I did not have to add anything to the configuration, it just worked. Is that the intended behavior?

Thanks!

You should have needed to had the new option. I don’t understand why it wasn’t working before and it’s working now. It works, it’s the principal.

I did not add any option in the configuration. I did not even know exactly what to add. BTW, the documentation does not reflect the changes. I will wait to see what others are sating.

Thanks again,