Vacuum Interactive Map Card

You can rotate rotate map if you want to, it is not necessary.

Thanks, that means I was following a wrong path.
Will try that at home. :slight_smile:

Thank a lot for your answers Mr 3_14 :slight_smile: i tryed to track some point in map of my home took from mi-home becouse Flolevac seems unable to pick up the map from server, but without success :frowning: .I want try to retrive another time anyway next days. There is not another method to recognize some coordinate point across the map i see.

There is a way, you have to send commands using Home Assistant dev tools and check in Mi Home where you end up.

ah ah :slight_smile: I have already tried this method :-), but all the times my vacuum ends up against the wall :-). If you look my map you can see the vacuum garage pointā€¦ Please try to suggest me some test point to send my vacuum and i will try. ps My vacuum is the new model Roborock S6

okay, Iā€™m still lostā€¦
Iā€™ve added this to configuration.yaml

logger:
default: debug

How does it help me finding the coordinates?
I understood that this part is where Iā€™ll draw the zones on my map:

zones:
- [[25500, 25500, 26500, 26500]]
- [[24215, 28125, 29465, 32175]]
- [[24245, 25190, 27495, 27940], [27492, 26789, 28942, 27889]]
- [[28972, 26715, 31072, 27915], [29457, 27903, 31107, 29203], [30198, 29215, 31498, 31215],
[29461, 31228, 31511, 32478]]

And probably this part should tell me where the vacuum is on my map.

calibration_points:
- vacuum:
x: 25500
y: 25500
map:
x: 466
y: 1889
- vacuum:
x: 26500
y: 26500
map:
x: 730
y: 1625
- vacuum:
y: 26500
map:
x: 466
y: 1625

But where can I get these coordinates?

Yes the documentation is kind of confustion in my opinion (Iā€™m also new so maybe thats it). Anyway, you use flovac, or mi-home apk, etc to draw boxes on each room and get those coordinates. Once you have each room which is defined by (x,y,x,y) I suggest printing your own map with every corner defined. Then pick 3 spots on the map where you could make a right triangle by placing the vacuum in the middle of 3 rooms. Once you think you have an idea where, manually send the vacuum to spot 1 of 3 and screen shot it. You will send the vacuum by using ā€œDeveloper tools -> servicesā€ and selecting vacuum. Type in the send command with coordinates of what you want spot 1 to be. Next do spot 2 the same way: sending the robot and taking a screenshot. Same for spot 3. Open each of your pictures of each spot in microsoft paint or gimp or similar and get the MOUSE X,Y coordinates of your spots and write those down. Now you have your calibration spots, zones, and map coords. Make sense?

Why does my card formatting get so messed up every time I type it out nice and save it? I LITERALLY copied the example only changing my coordinates and this is the garbage that comes back when I save. Things are NOT working.

calibration_points:
  - map:
      x: 817
      'y': 624
    vacuum:
      'y': 26000
  - map:
      x: 817
      'y': 1088
    vacuum:
      'y': 18000
  - map:
      x: 399
      'y': 1071
    vacuum:
      x: 18000
      'y': 18000
entity: vacuum.s5_vacuum
map_image: /community_plugin/lovelace-xiaomi-vacuum-map-card/map.png
type: 'custom:xiaomi-vacuum-map-card'
zones:

This is not the cardā€™s fault, the formatting is done by Home Assistant.

Is there anything I can do to fix itā€¦ it sets off my ocd :stuck_out_tongue: ?

I think your only option is to switch Lovelace to YAML mode.

Itā€™s jumping parts again. I have to exclude Flovac, because if I use Europe, I canā€™t see the map, just a blank screen. Any other countries have the same ā€œLoading mapā€ screen stucked. I assume itā€™s the GDPR thing in Europe.

ā€œmi-home apk, etc to draw boxes on each room and get those coordinatesā€ Mi Home-apk should be the Mi Home app? Do you mean By drawing boxes, you mean I should draw zones? ā€œand get coordinatesā€: how do I get them? the app doesnā€™t show any coordinate.

ā€œI suggest printing your own map with every corner defined.ā€ how do I define them?
Setting the vacuum in the middle of 3 rooms mean that I should move it in the Mi Home app?
What kind of coordinates do I use to send the robot to?
Letā€™s say that I find these X, Y coordinates, the calibration_points have 3 x,y coordinates for Vacuum and and 3 for map. Why are there 3 of them? What do they represent?
None of them makes any sense to me. :confused:
The documentation is highly superficial Iā€™m affraid. :frowning:

1. I think you MUST use an andriod phone to do this. I borrowed one from a friend. Ok without Flovac, you need to root your vacuum I believe. Iā€™m not the expert here but flovac should work and itā€™s what I used though Iā€™m USA. Read this page: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/vacuum.xiaomi_miio/
    Specifically read the "retrieve access token section and retrieving coordinates.

If you canā€™t use those apps I suggest sending the robot via home assistant to estimated coordinates. 25500,25500 is the dock, start trying to figure out where the room corners are. This will take forever but it should work eventually. You can do this by going to ā€œDeveloper Tools -> Servicesā€ and selecting your vacuum and using the send command. It should look like this:

1. Now once you find the corners of a room you should write those down on your map or whatever method you want to use to keep track of it all. This again will take a while if you canā€™t use flovac but maybe someone has a better method. Yes when I said draw boxes I meant draw zones (which creates a box).

2. ā€œSetting the vacuum in the middle of 3 rooms mean that I should move it in the Mi Home app?
    What kind of coordinates do I use to send the robot to?ā€ ------- Send the vacuum (3 times) via the developer tools and then open your mi-home app and take 3 screen shots without moving your map. Now you should have 3 points on a map that hasnā€™t moved. Now send your vacuum back to the dock.

3. upload the pics to your computer (via email or whatever) and open them up in microsoft paint. put your cursor over each of the 3 dots from each of the 3 images. Here is mine. Note in the bottom left corner of the program is the XY coordinates for the image 402,613. This is the xy for the image; however, I had sent my robot via developer tools to 18000, 18000.

Make sense?

yes the speech makes sense, he only problem to solve is how to find points in the middle of the room without encountering obstacles ā€¦ you have to have a lot of luck because for example my apartment has many walls

I think that meanwile other method will be available, is much more easy to use params and room number id. I have setup amount of water and fan speed from mi home app, each room with itā€™s characteristics. The only thing that I canā€™t do is specify how many times to clean each one.

Try to get coordinates is too complicated for me meanwile exists room ids.

Yes you are right it is possible to configure the name of each single room detected by the vacuum on the mi-home app. But I donā€™t know if itā€™s possible to use the name to call the ā€œroom cleaningā€ function. If this is possible, it would already be a good step forward. Iā€™m going to sniff IP traffic from the vacuum with wireshark soon to see what messages it sends and receives when sending the vacuum to a specific point on the map

As stated before, you donā€™t have to rotate the image.
To be honest I am still struggling to get it to work.
I tried to define zones from within the card in HA by putting random numbers and adjusting them so as they create the some that I want. It didnā€™t work. :smirk:
@3_14 when I rotate the map, should I change anything else in the instructions that you gave?

Gabriele, I think that normaly rooms starts near 16. When you send to a room number from Ha, you can see in Mi Home app the room coloured, its only try and tryā€¦ but to me only taked 5 minutes.

As soon as you see a room colored, you can sent vacuum to base and try another number. If a number donā€™t has a room, mi home app show a error message and vacuum return to base by itself.

When I had all rooms with its number, I created one script for each one. And then, a google home routine. Now I can say, ok google, clean the kitchen

@simcole pretty well described :+1:

I promise I will finally make a detailed guide, but right now I am in the process of rewriting the card, so there might be some changes.

@acme If you rotate the map you just have to calibrate the card with it

Hi, DendexIX, do you mean that it is possible to use the room cleaning number starting from number 16? Fantastic, is number 16 the lowest one?.
Can you write me the exact command to send to clean the room?