Values not updating unless I refresh page

I have a very basic HA setup for work with MQTT Shelly HT sensors. For some reason though, the values on the lovelace dashboard aren’t updating until I refresh the browser. Looking at the page inspector in chrome, I don’t see any errors. Only addons I’m using are mini-graph and button-card.

Any ideas? I plan on having this setup as a dashboard for our team to look at temperatures, and will be stupid if they constantly have to refresh.

Did you have compact header installed?

I do not. Very basic setup - and I had the issue before I installed button-card as well (when mini-graph was the only addon).

Have you tried clearing the browser cache (Ctrl+F5, or Ctrl+Shit+R)?

Yup. NO changes. Even tried a different browser. Not sure why - my home setup works fine.

I would try removing your cards one by one to find the culprit. Copy their config to a text file so you can reinstate them later.

I am also having this issue with the history-graph card, but only that card does not update correctly, right next to it is the current state for the same entity and that updates correctly. It also is not happening all the time, there does not seem to be consistency regarding when it fails to update

If it’s only one type of card that’s probably a different issue. Start your own topic.

Was this ever sorted out? I seem to experience the same issue.

1 Like

i’m having the same issue since updating to 2021.12.6.

Different problem. Introduced with 12.6, solved with 12.7

3 Likes

can confirm 12.7 seems to have resolved this. thanks!

3 Likes

I have the same problem since updating to 2021.12.6. I didn’t find anything in 2021.12.7 logs saying they saw such problem and fixed it. So I thought I must have done something on new year eve! Anyway, I’ll update now and hopefully it’s fixed.

Upgrade did fix it for me

I am facing this error now. With every browser and the app. Even in the display of the status in the entities itself, not only in Lovelace.
But: in the integration of Alexa, in the Alexa App the status is correct.