Variable energy prices EasyEnergy (NL)

The ones i only use is gas, only need the gas price for the day coming, not the current day. Maybe the current day as an attribute to include @ the energy dashboard.
That’s what i did now, with the above script, and its working good.

Just convert the existing python script to an integration, its already made, but i’m to lazy to do it.
GitHub - malosaa/EasyEnergy here you go.

Would be great to see an integration, but i’m not interested in electricity as EE is expensive.

Thank you for the information.

I’m already well on my way with my own python package that will also be placed on PyPi. As I have it in mind now, you can optionally opt for gas and energy return prices and you will receive the electricity usage prices as standard.

I keep a twitter thread with some sneak peaks:

2 Likes

Did you actually manage to create the add-on ?
Because i actually prefer that instead of a rest sensor.

As right now i still use the rest code what i created, and works also really well.

Regards

I’ll be working on that in the next few days :wink:

1 Like

Hello @malosaa

You mentioned next energy which I will be switching to in few days. I see everyone with easy energy data import but how would you get the next energy one? Are they using the same source? Is there an API for next energy as well that I failed to find?

Thanks!
Meltem

OK, after some blog reading I will answer my own question if anyone else is curious about the same thing. It seems like both Easy Energy and Next Energy are using the same price source so the add-on @klaasnicolaas is creating would also work for Next Energy clients. Someone correct me if I am wrong :slight_smile: At this moment fingers crossed excitedly waiting for the Add-On. Thanks @klaasnicolaas for making this possible.

PS: The pricing difference comes from the BTW incl vs excl.

1 Like

So, its me again. After more research and help of other forums I correct my claim saying Easy Energy has the same price as Next Energy. They might be close but this link has the price per provider where you can see the difference:

https://enever.nl/prijzen-feeds/
I am following the updates here where I started taking the price data from the website above via REST call.
https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/73987454#73987454

UPDATE: It works smoothly. I now have:

1. Todays electricity prices per hour
  2. Tomorrows electricity prices per hour
  3. Today’s gas price (given at 06:00) since it updates only once a day
    It is also possible to get last 30 day data but my subscription only starts in 2 days so I didn’t need that data.

These are the providers you can get the data for:

Looks like this in HA when i got the Next Energy one so it is incl BTW prices.

Now I will start visualization and automation side :slight_smile:

Update : I found this website which works way better for me. I replaced my implementation accordingly. I thought it might help: Home Assistant: Nord Pool Spot prices and how to automate devices for cheapest hours – Creating Smart Home

You might also want to look at entso-e - fully free api which provides epex tariffs. Many more automations and template sensors on this forum for both nordpool and entso-e.

1 Like

I’d like to get something similar to what you have in HA, for EnergyZero through Enever. From the Tweakers forum I got the following yaml configuration for my sensors:

rest:
  - resource: https://enever.nl/feed/gasprijs_vandaag.php
    scan_interval: 21600
    sensor:
      - name: "EZ_gasprijs_enever"
        unique_id: ez_gasprijs_enever
        value_template: "{{ ((value_json.data.0.prijsEZ | float(0)) if value_json is defined else 'unavailable')  }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "EUR/m³"
        json_attributes_path: "$.data.0"
        json_attributes:
          - datum
        device_class: monetary
  - resource: https://enever.nl/feed/stroomprijs_vandaag.php
    scan_interval: 3600
    sensor:
      - name: "EZ_stroomprijs_enever"
        unique_id: ez_stroomprijs_enever
        value_template: "{{ ((value_json.data.0.prijsEZ | float(0)) if value_json is defined else 'unavailable')  }}"
        unit_of_measurement: "EUR/kWh"
        json_attributes_path: "$.data.0"
        json_attributes:
          - datum
        device_class: monetary

which gives me data, but it looks like its only the first entry in the json for the day. For gas this is no issue, but for power which changes every hour it is:

Here you see the sensor shows the stroomprijs for 00:00, not for the current hour.

I would like to be able to incorporate the enever api results in HA, to show an apex chart graph for the entire day and to have a sensor entity that has the current price to use in the Energy dashboard. I feel like I’m close, but not quite there yet. :slight_smile:

What am I missing?

It looks like this, so you would need to add a line per hour until you cover 24 hours.

- name: "Electricity price 00:00"
      value_template: "{{ value_json.data[0].prijsNE }}"
      json_attributes_path: "$.data[0]"
      json_attributes:
        - datum
        - prijsNE
      unit_of_measurement: "€/kWh"
    - name: "Electricity price 01:00"
      value_template: "{{ value_json.data[1].prijsNE }}"
      json_attributes_path: "$.data[1]"
      json_attributes:
        - datum
        - prijsNE
      unit_of_measurement: "€/kWh"
    - name: "Electricity price 02:00"
      value_template: "{{ value_json.data[2].prijsNE }}"
      json_attributes_path: "$.data[2]"
      json_attributes:
        - datum
        - prijsNE

Just an update on a possible integration for easyEnergy. I have some code ready, but I still have to work out the sensor entities. Expect it to be ready and tested in a few weeks.

1 Like

Perfect would be great

I think the BTW is higher at Easy energy, and the rest is the same.

How much per 1m³ you pay today inclusive btw for today 11-01-2023 ?

for me its 0.82788 ct + 0.72059 = 1,54847 euro all taxes included for today.

For those who would like to test, you can download the zip below and put the files in the custom_components folder, restart HA and then add the integration in the UI.

easyenergy_v0.1.0.zip (6.5 KB)

3 Likes

The intergration works great, thank. Is it possible to see the prices an hour for today and tomorrow in the future.

At the moment there is no support for this (mapping the hour prices), this has to do with how we handle attributes in core and that we don’t want to overload the state machine with data. There are ideas to tackle this better in the future, but we have not reached that stage yet.

thanks for the beta.

Would be awsome to add the tax to it.
Like the price with tax included (option) like on this screenshot.

regards

2 Likes

I think this should be fairly simple to add to the snesor file?

Current file:

SENSORS: tuple[EasyEnergySensorEntityDescription, …] = (
EasyEnergySensorEntityDescription(
key=“current_hour_price”,
name=“Current hour”,
service_type=“today_gas”,
state_class=SensorStateClass.MEASUREMENT,
native_unit_of_measurement=f"{CURRENCY_EURO}/{UnitOfVolume.CUBIC_METERS}",
value_fn=lambda data: data.gas_today.current_price if data.gas_today else None,

Perhaps we need to modify the value statement? Don’t know how to do it, but perhaps some of you know?

something like this?
value_fn=lambda data: ((data.gas_today.current_price*1,21)+0,1089+0,01903+0,59266) if data.gas_today else None,

I think you charge double VAT on the basic price now :wink:

Hi Klaas,

the pricing we get with your integration already includes VAT? (yes is the answer :))
And would my line work if I change it (sorry, i’m a real noob in programming / code)